||Midtown Manhattan NY, NY 10001
||Java Architect/Developer: FMS, UNIX, Java EE, Oracle SQL, HTML, Korn Shell, MDB's, IBM RAD (1pos)
If you are unable to click on links above to submit resume, you may email your resume to
Subject=IIT Career Site/Resume for JobID=10559 (Java Architect/Developer: FMS, UNIX, Java EE, Oracle SQL, HTML, Korn Shell, MDB's, IBM RAD (1pos)) in Midtown Manhattan NY NY 10001 (NON)
Estimated Length: Open Ended Monday-Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm
No 3rd Party Candidates
Only Citizens, Green Card holders or Individuals with a Work Authorization Visa
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- 1. A baccalaureate degree in computer science, engineering or a related field from an accredited college and four years of satisfactory full-time experience related to IT automation engineering, monitoring engineering, management of infrastructure;
- 2. Eight years of satisfactory full-time experience related to IT automation engineering, monitoring engineering, management of infrastructure;
- 3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" or "2" above.
- Experienced as a Developer/ Architect on at least (2) full life cycle project iteration:
- Designing and developing large scale architectures consisting of distributed services and applications executing in UNIX based Java/Web applications and using Java EE with Oracle as the primary DB.
- Good understanding of Oracle structures for processing and performance based applications
- Thorough understanding of advanced SQL programming and performance techniques. (e.g., ability to write and troubleshoot anonymous SOL blocks and stored procedures and author complex SQL for troubleshooting and production purposes). Candidate should be proficient in authoring quality SQL which takes advantage of Oracle performance features and facilities.
- Proficiency in using and navigating in UNIX. This should include intermediate to advanced Unix commands, understanding directory structures, permissions schemes and the ability to piece together useful tools from basic Unix commands. Advanced in developing new and modifying existing shell scripts. Proficiency in Korn Shell.
- Strong Java programming skills including the development and analysis of Java classes, EJB's, MDB's. Should also understand how to create a complete Java or J2EE application including all supporting configuration components for deployment (.EAR ,WAR., CLASSPATH, Deployment Descriptors etc.) a MUST.
- Good understanding of standard SDLC methodologies.
- Background in accounting and budgeting packages is a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills a must.
- Experience in Mainframe development (JCL, CICS, TSO, COBOL, DB2) is a plus.
Experience (yrs) Languages
- plus++ PL/SQL
Technologies and Frameworks
- 3 Java EE
- plus++ Financial ERP (any)
- plus++ IBM Rational Application Developer
- 2 JMS, Messaging Driven Beans (MDB-EJB)
- plus++ MQ Series
- 2 IBM WebSphere 8.5 + (proficient in WAS interaction with apps)
Software and Task Management
- plus++ Rational Clearquest, Rational Clearcase, BMC Remedy
- Ensure that the FMS application software, as designed and developed by the client's vendors, meets the City's functional and technical requirements by conducting reviews and formal evaluations of the vendor's application architecture/technical solutions and development work for quality, completeness, and adherence to the client's and industry standards for Web-based development;
- Develop new components and enhancements to the suite financial management systems in the FMS suite of applications - adhering to the client's and New York City development standards.
- Identify, review and analyze vendor deliverables to ensure that they meet key technical/non-functional requirements for the performance, operability, and maintainability of the application software.
- Serve as an escalation point for the resolution of production application issues when application issues are encountered in the software: 1) during the online day by users, and 2) support staff and in the evening during the execution of the batch cycle.
- The candidate will similarly support software testing tracks in non-production application environments by providing batch cycle and technical software support.
- Design and Execute technical tests as necessary to ensure that vendor and client software deliveries address the business and technical problems in a manner consistent with the client's standards for quality and completeness.
- Review and provide feedback on functional business designs in terms of technical feasibility and impact on performance, operability, and maintainability - and completeness of solution;
- Support client's Business Units by helping to troubleshoot job flow and application execution problems during the simulation and production executions of FMS business events. The same assistance will be performed as end user software issues are reported and escalated to development by level 2 user support teams.
- Gather production operation requirements and incorporate the requirements into the products authored by the client's development team.
- Coordinate with the Financial Systems Production Operations Units to implement new software processes into the staging and production environments.
- The candidate is expected to be able to work independently and interact with other Financial system team members including Operations, Business Unit and Testing as directed by the FMS Development Team lead.
Founded in 1995, IIT is a leading provider of Workforce Solutions to Government and Fortune-1000 organizations. IIT is a winner of Inc-500 award. IIT's core services include:
Consulting for projects / IT Outsourcing
IT staffing (Contract / Temporary / Contingent / Consulting)
Custom Workforce Solutions
Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO)
Headquartered in New York, IIT has over 400 consultants deployed at Client Sites. Other IIT highlights include
Winner of Inc-500 award 2 consecutive years
Winner of Ernst & Young / USPAACC Fast-50 award 2 consecutive years
Winner of USPAACC Top-10 Award in the Northeast US
IBM Business Partner
Oracle Business Partner
Adobe Business Partner
NYSA Member - New York Staffing Association - Regional Affiliate of ASA / American Staffing Association
NYS MBE certified
Our Consultants love working for IIT
W2 or C2C
Biweekly Direct Deposit for W2 Consultants
Visa and Green Card sponsorship opportunities for qualified individuals
Local contact for you to meet and talk to anytime (not someone sitting overseas in a different time zone)
Follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter or Facebook
IIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer