Estimated Length: 24 months Hours will be 8:00-4:30 Monday-Friday
General Office Support
- Answer questions from and provide information to various parties regarding agency activities, transactions, and procedures. Refer inquiries as necessary.
- Operate various communication systems such as telephones and computers; and keep records of such communications.
- Operate, and perform basic cleaning and maintenance on, office machines and equipment. Clear paper jams in copiers, scanners and printers; replace toner cartridges; and clean keyboards and screens.
- Schedule appointments and meetings using various office tools.
- Perform routine processing activities, including checking forms for completeness and accuracy.
- Maintain basic financial, accounting, and/or statistical records.
- Perform calculations and computations, primarily on computers and calculators, using known and standard formulas and methods.
- As needed and as directed, contact various internal and external parties to obtain information.
- Prepare, process, review, and record numerical transactions and records. This activity may include: processing bills and vouchers; reviewing or auditing calculations or statistics; or disbursing or receiving items of value such as cash or vouchers, including, for example, such tasks as calculating and collecting fees.
Keyboarding and Document Preparation
- Type, proofread, review, and correct correspondence, documents, records, and other written material.
- Transcribe hand-written materials.
- Make appropriate corrections for format, accuracy, and validity.
- Assist in gathering or compiling data for reports, graphs, charts, tables, or other products.
- Create graphs, charts, or other visual aids to display data.
- May also prepare routine reports or assist others in the preparation of reports, following established guidelines.
Record-Keeping and Filing
- Maintain, update, and correct records and files.
- Receive, screen, review, and verify documents, forms, applications, claims, and other documents for completeness, content, and accuracy.
- Establish new files by coding and numbering forms, creating folders, and compiling relevant material.
Stores and Mail
- Receive. pick UP. deliver. open. appropriately rE!cord. timE! stamp, sort, and distribute mail, e-mail, or other forms of correspondence or communication, or goods, materials, or stores.
- Maintain files, correspondence, documents, records, materials, and stores pursuant to guidelines.
- Maintain various listings for mail service purposes.
- Process outgoing mail by inserting letters into envelops, sealing envelopes, and applying correct postage.
- May operate a motor vehicle to pick up and deliver mail.
- Receive, unload, unpack, sort, store, count, and distribute goods received, following established procedures.
- Advise supervisor upon receipt of damaged goods or incomplete or incorrect shipments.
- Issue and may deliver goods from stock according to procedure.
- May package goods for shipment.
- Take periodic physical inventory and maintain perpetual inventory records.
- CD Keep shelves and stock clean, neat, and in proper place.
Data Entry and Verification
- CD Enter data and information into and retrieve data and information from computerized systems.
- Verify data previously transcribed or entered to detect errors.
- Perform various clerical or office assistance tasks such as scanning documents, and verifying accuracy of data from scanned documents.