If you are unable to click on links above to submit resume, you may email your resume to
Subject=IIT Career Site/Resume for JobID=10845 (Oracle DBA: Oracle Database Admin, Oracle RAC, DataGuard, IBM DB2, DB2 LUW, PL/SQL) in Albany NY 12210 (NON)
Estimated Length: 24 months Full-Time 8-4:30 Negotiable.
Expert 84+ Months
- Minimum of 84 months experience administering and supporting an Oracle Database environment version 10gR2 or above. Experience must include working with RMAN backup and recovery, installation of Oracle software and Patch Set upgrades, and working with ASM disk storage.
- Minimum of 84 months experience in administration and support of Oracle RAC and DataGuard (version 10g or above)
- Minimum of 84 months experience working with partitioned tables, indexes, and materialized views to optimize retrieval of data from multi-terabyte databases.
- Minimum of 84 months experience writing and tuning SQL and PL/SQL, including use of EXPLAIN PLAN, ADDM, ASH, SQL_TRACE, and TKPROF
- Minimum of 60 months DBA experience with Oracle 11g.
- Minimum of 24 months DBA experience with Oracle 12c.
- Minimum of 84 months experience in administration, support, and upgrades of IBM DB2.
- Minimum of 24 months experience in administration and support of DB2 LUW databases.
- Minimum 24 months demonstrated experience providing architectural / Oracle DBA support for government / public sector IT operations utilizing ITIL-compliant methodologies for the development and delivery of government hosted IT services and solutions.
- Architect Oracle environments utilizing IBM PowerHA, Oracle RAC, and Data Guard technologies for site critical databases, including configuration, failover testing, tuning, monitoring, and creating standards.
- Design and implement standard practices which improve database performance with a focus on reducing operational cost and utilizing advance features and tuning practices of Oracle, DB/2, and DB2 LUW.
- Recommend and Implement procedures to automate the monitoring, maintenance, and tuning of a large infrastructure containing more than 2,000 databases.
- Implement policies and procedures to identify and correct tuning, configuration, and implementation issues with Oracle, DB/2, and DB2 LUW databases within the NYS Enterprise managed database environments.
- Perform short and long-range planning needs for Oracle, DB/2, and DB/2 for LUW databases and applications, focusing on performance and sizing characteristics to determine upcoming storage, CPU, memory, and network needs.
- Partner with all other Enterprise DBA’s to provide analysis and recommendations for troubled databases. Provide solutions by maintaining the best standards of practices.
- Use DBA tools to monitor, diagnose, and fix issues with the enterprise managed database environments
- Interact heavily with other DBA staff to provide on-the-job training and assistance in performing database administrative activities.
- Work off-hours occasionally to support Database maintenance, operational procedures, and initiatives
Founded in 1995, IIT is a leading provider of Workforce Solutions to Government and Fortune-1000 organizations. IIT is a winner of Inc-500 award. IIT's core services include:
Consulting for projects / IT Outsourcing
IT staffing (Contract / Temporary / Contingent / Consulting)
Custom Workforce Solutions
Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO)
Headquartered in New York, IIT has over 400 consultants deployed at Client Sites. Other IIT highlights include
Winner of Inc-500 award 2 consecutive years
Winner of Ernst & Young / USPAACC Fast-50 award 2 consecutive years
Winner of USPAACC Top-10 Award in the Northeast US
IBM Business Partner
Oracle Business Partner
Adobe Business Partner
NYSA Member - New York Staffing Association - Regional Affiliate of ASA / American Staffing Association
NYS MBE certified
Our Consultants love working for IIT
W2 or C2C
Biweekly Direct Deposit for W2 Consultants
Visa and Green Card sponsorship opportunities for qualified individuals
Local contact for you to meet and talk to anytime (not someone sitting overseas in a different time zone)
Follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter or Facebook
IIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer