||Midtown Manhattan NY, NY 10001
||Cybersecurity Security Analyst: IDS/IPS, Firewalls, SIEM, Net Profiler, Imperva, Fire Eye (LOCAL)
If you are unable to click on links above to submit resume, you may email your resume to
Subject=IIT Career Site/Resume for JobID=11101 (Cybersecurity Security Analyst: IDS/IPS, Firewalls, SIEM, Net Profiler, Imperva, Fire Eye (LOCAL)) in Midtown Manhattan NY NY 10001 (SJU)
Estimated Length: Open Ended
***LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY (IN-PERSON INTERVIEW)
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the Cybersecurity field.
- Strong background experience in Information Technology with Windows, Linux, and Unix platforms.
- Strong background experience as a Level 2 (or above) Cyber Security Incident Response Analyst performing incident handling, forensics, sensor alert tracking and cybersecurity incident case management.
- Expert level experience working with security technologies such as IDS/IPS, Firewalls, SIEM, Network Packet Analyzers, Antivirus, Network Behavior Analysis tools, Malware analysis, Firewalls, DLP, endpoint protection, log collection and analysis.
- Experience using and configuring tools such as Net Profiler, Imperva, Fire Eye and FirePower.
- Strong working knowledge of network protocols, ports and common services such as TCP/P protocols and application layer protocols (e.g., HTTP/S, DNS, FTP, SMTP, etc.).
- Hands on experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Bash, and Powershell.
- Knowledge of privilege escalation, persistence and lateral movement techniques
- Identify and be able to react to network attacks, viruses, mal ware, SPAM, phishing and other intrusions.
- BA in MIS, Computer Science, or related field from a recognized college or university or equivalent work experience.
- Provide assistance in the implementation, maintenance, and monitoring of the information security program into in-scope operational areas (gap analysis, risk assessment, third party assessments, procedure/specification development, execution of recurring procedures, incident response).
- Identify, analyze and communicate security vulnerabilities.
- Serve as an information security subject matter expert and trusted advisor.
- Understand current as well as emerging security threats and assist in the design of application architecture to mitigate threats where possible.
- Stay abreast of new security technologies and assist in the integration of new technology into architecture design when appropriate.
- As a contributor, take ownership for assigned areas of responsibility and effectively manage workloads to meet team deadlines.
- Clearly and concisely communicate in both written form and verbally to leadership and Management.
- Review security features of newly implemented systems, ensuring they meet existing security requirements and policies, Review proposed changes to existing policy as conditions warrant.
- On a day to day basis, the candidate will review reports to identify threats.
Founded in 1995, IIT is a leading provider of Workforce Solutions to Government and Fortune-1000 organizations. IIT is a winner of Inc-500 award. IIT's core services include:
Consulting for projects / IT Outsourcing
IT staffing (Contract / Temporary / Contingent / Consulting)
Custom Workforce Solutions
Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO)
Headquartered in New York, IIT has over 400 consultants deployed at Client Sites. Other IIT highlights include
Winner of Inc-500 award 2 consecutive years
Winner of Ernst & Young / USPAACC Fast-50 award 2 consecutive years
Winner of USPAACC Top-10 Award in the Northeast US
IBM Business Partner
Oracle Business Partner
Adobe Business Partner
NYSA Member - New York Staffing Association - Regional Affiliate of ASA / American Staffing Association
NYS MBE certified
Our Consultants love working for IIT
W2 or C2C
Biweekly Direct Deposit for W2 Consultants
Visa and Green Card sponsorship opportunities for qualified individuals
Local contact for you to meet and talk to anytime (not someone sitting overseas in a different time zone)
Follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter or Facebook
IIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer