Estimated Length: 18 months Full Time 9:00 - 5:00
- High level executive support, scheduling and coordination experience.
- Highly organized and careful worker, highly self-motivated and capable of prioritizing and managing multiple tasks.
- High level of discretion handling confidential matters.
- Ability to manage competing priorities while maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- Word processing skills/abilities are a mandatory component of the assignment. Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, etc. is required.
- Strong familiarity with other computer systems, such as LATS, SFS (e.g., PRs, Travel Expense Reports), etc., is desirable.
The Executive Secretary/Administrative Assistant will function with a great degree of independence in providing professional level administrative support directly to Executive staff. An ability to function in a fast-paced and results driven environment is critical. Discretion, tact, confidentiality and diplomacy skills are essential. Other duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Executive level scheduling of meetings, calls and conferences;
- Manages ongoing communications with external stakeholders and Department staff, ensuring prompt responses and scheduling and preparation of relevant meetings and communications;
- Prepares and edits materials for Executive Staff for meetings, briefings, testimony, conferences and presentations, requiring interaction with multiple stakeholders and organizational skills. Ensures that materials are concise, accurate and relevant to the audience;
- Assists staff in the coordination of various activities, projects and programs among the Department's Executive Office, other Divisions of the Department, other state stakeholders and regulated institutions;
- Researches and reports on issues, topics and events that are of interest to the Department;
- Reviews correspondence between external parties and elevates relevant correspondence when necessary;
- Drafts responses to correspondence as assigned by Executive Staff or to general correspondence not within the jurisdiction of any of the operational or other Divisions within the Department;
- Schedules travel arrangements and prepares expense reports for Executive Staff and/or the Superintendent;
- Answers telephone, makes calls, and greets visitors and staff promptly and professionally, ensuring that schedules are kept, and stakeholders' inquiries are promptly responded to; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Founded in 1995, IIT is a leading provider of Workforce Solutions to Government and Fortune-1000 organizations. IIT is a winner of Inc-500 award. IIT's core services include:
Consulting for projects / IT Outsourcing
IT staffing (Contract / Temporary / Contingent / Consulting)
Custom Workforce Solutions
Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO)
Headquartered in New York, IIT has over 400 consultants deployed at Client Sites. Other IIT highlights include
Winner of Inc-500 award 2 consecutive years
Winner of Ernst & Young / USPAACC Fast-50 award 2 consecutive years
Winner of USPAACC Top-10 Award in the Northeast US
IBM Business Partner
Oracle Business Partner
Adobe Business Partner
NYSA Member - New York Staffing Association - Regional Affiliate of ASA / American Staffing Association
NYS MBE certified
Our Consultants love working for IIT
W2 or C2C
Biweekly Direct Deposit for W2 Consultants
Visa and Green Card sponsorship opportunities for qualified individuals
Local contact for you to meet and talk to anytime (not someone sitting overseas in a different time zone)
Follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter or Facebook
IIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer