Estimated Length: 18 months
The client is seeking one Application Developer who has excellent hands-on expertise in web mapping application development using Microsoft .NET/C#/ SQL Server technologies and mapping libraries to work on enhancing existing and building new responsive GIS applications. The ideal candidates must have a strong background in defining application architectures, preparing detailed technical specifications, and developing/testing/implementing large scale web mapping applications using the latest technology tools and frameworks.
- Perform detailed application design, coding and unit/integration/performance testing.
- Develop and integrate complex application modules using .NET 4.0/4.5, ASP.NET,
- C#, n-Tier architecture and XML-based web services and application development
- tools such as Microsoft Visual Studio 2013/2015 and SQL Server Management
- Implement web-based user interfaces in .NET using Razor/MVC3/MVVM architectural
- Perform/manage relational database design, normalization, T-SQL/stored procedures
- with SQL Server 2014/2016, PostgreSQL/PostGIS.
- Develop T-SQL/stored procedures, generate reports using Microsoft SQL Reporting
- Services (SSRS) and develop SSIS packages.
- Integrate mapping APIs and web services to build interactive map based applications.
- Perform configuration management, continuous integration, version control, testing
- and document management using tools such as Microsoft Team Foundation Server,
- Microsoft Test Manager, Team System and SharePoint Server.
- Be responsible for technical quality of the implemented code base and fully
- understand the implemented design.
- Understand and follow Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes in a
- structured environment, including Waterfall, RUP and Agile development
- Work closely with architects, senior developers, business analysts and development
- teams for design, development, testing, implementation, and support of application
- Participate in software testing process, including identification and resolution of
- Participate in and contribute to formal/informal technical reviews and presentations.
- Explore new ideas and initiatives that encourage innovation.
- Take inputs from reporting manager(s) and appropriately apply comments/ feedback.
- Accurately estimate time required to complete development tasks.
- Collaborate with diverse teams.
- Demonstrate the ability to cooperate with a variety of people and achieve results.
- Proactively initiate, develop and maintain effective working relationships with team
Note: candidates who do not have the mandatory skills will not be considered.
Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a particular technical and/or business application, product,
platform, methodology or skill set that is beyond the requirements addressed in the other labor
DESIRABLE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE: -
Note: candidates who do not have the mandatory skills will not be considered
BA/BS Degree or equivalent, in a technology related field or other degree preferred.
Microsoft Certified Professional.
2 years of total experience in object oriented design, development, testing and deployment of
mission critical business applications, at least 1 of which are in a web/client- server environment.
2+ years of hands-on development experience with projects involving Microsoft.NET and
SQL Server technologies for web, web service and desktop application development using
Good communication, presentation and leadership skills.
Team player who can establish excellent working relationships with peers and other teams.
Ability to work on multiple projects as team lead or team member/developer.
Ability to understand business requirements and estimate for delivery commitments.
Utilize application development environments, tools and methodologies across multiple platforms.