Estimated Length: 10 months
- Perform day to day operational activities related to server infrastructure, including assembly of server hardware and software, and implementation of required network services. Install, perform necessary upgrades and configure network printing, active directory structures, rights, security configurations, software installation and file/directory access services, storage and hyperconverged systems.
- Act as third level of technical support for the Desktop Engineering team. As part of the clients team, maintain and support servers, desktops (physical and virtual), printers, classroom technologies, laptops and tablets. Identifies issues and resolves hardware and software problems through an appropriate course of action by using and establishing policies and procedures. Create and maintain system documentation, operational procedures, architectural documentation and hardware / software inventory.
- Proactively monitor systems and alerts, using industry recognized tools to avert troublesome trends as they develop to ensure a stable production environment. Rapidly deploy approved fixes in response to newly identified stability and security threats.
- Plan and implement system changes and adjustments in a way that maximizes system availability. Formulate and monitor policies, procedures, and standards. Propose and implement enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the College’s Information Technology (IT) infrastructure.
- Operational tasks in technologies such as Microsoft Active Directory, Office365, LDAP, DHCP, DNS, Radius Servers, VMware Horizon View VDI, MI, Microsoft Azure technologies. Server patch management, SQL Database Administration, Scripting/Programming.
- Responsible for operational activities for infrastructure security, backup and disaster recovery and Enterprise Antivirus, Endpoint Protection, Office 365 administration and maintenance, as well as spam, archiving and spyware prevention.
- Assists in the planning, development, and implementation of college computing and network resources, Server patch management, SQL Database Administration, and Scripting/Programming.
- Participate in compliance and security activities that include log collection, analysis and reporting. Provide reports and metrics as needed to support requirements analysis and growth planning.
- Assist in the planning, configuration, deployment, and support of the Information Technology (IT) infrastructure by facilitating and coordinating work with vendors, suppliers, and all other campus personnel.
- Assist with audiovisual setups, equipment, and support for events, meetings, and classes.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree (foreign equivalent or higher) from an accredited institution in Management of Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science (CS) or related field or in lieu of a bachelor’s degree an equivalent combination of education and directly related full-time experience in a comparable environment.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience with installing and maintaining system infrastructure, including servers, routers, firewalls, switches, patch panels, cabling, UPS’ and WAPs.
- Expert managing Server Infrastructure, Microsoft Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, IIS, CA, group policies, VM. Good understanding of TCP/IP, Microsoft technologies including Intune, Office365, SQL, Azure, SharePoint, Clustering, Apple products & Load-balancing technologies.
- Experience with virtualization solutions such as VmWare VDI, performance tuning, capacity planning, systems management & networking on multiple platforms, VMware ESXi, Server, Storage, Networks, and Data Center technologies.
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload to meet implementation schedules and minimize schedule conflicts.
- Knowledge about Enterprise Data Protection and Backup solutions.
- 4+ years of experience with Nutanix, VMware, Cisco, Meraki, Dell equipment, PowerShell scripting.
- 2+ years of experience supporting networking technologies.
- 2+ years of experience with IP routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP.
- Valid industry certification such as MCSE, VCP, etc.