FTE Employee position with the client
Client has a vacancy for a Tech Support/Scheduler reporting directly to Job Administration Director.
The Scheduler will work in the Tech Support group and be responsible for the scheduling of batch processing in multiple environments and platforms. They will maintain the scheduling environments to ensure proper job execution, handle new requests and troubleshoot problems. Their primary responsibility will be to ensure the production and non-production batch schedules run efficiently.
- The candidate will run batch job streams via CA Workload Automation (d-series) scheduler, and must understand and be able to verify job condition codes for validations. The candidate will interact with all support groups in problem determination and resolutions.
- Manages the timing and execution of ClearQuest tickets to ensure that they are carried out in a timely manner.
- Adjusts the schedule as needed for Technicians to focus on high-priority tasks.
- Works with the team to resolve schedule impacts.
- Identifies schedule impacts due to changes and proactively escalates to team.
- Produces indicators and reports to provide management a clear and accurate picture of the project status.
- Monitors and updates integrated event plans and schedules so that projects can be executed in the most efficient manner possible. ·
- Gets involved in event scheduling meetings and/or interactive planning meetings as required by the team and or "clients.
- Document all changes made to the master schedule that the Technicians in the Job Administration team can follow. ,
- The candidate will be expected to gain a deep understanding of the interaction between the IBM mainframe and the various AIX Servers (and the various intra system job relationships).
- Demonstrated ability to manage the design of CA Workload Automation/ d-series and CA Scheduler tools
- Demonstrated ability to monitor the health of running of job flows (e.g., stalled flows or batch job condition codes) using the CA Workload Automation/ d-series.
- Ability to schedule and process adhoc requests in AIX and mainframe environments as requested - using the tools above
- Candidate should have in-depth knowledge of the IBM Mainframe, z/OS Processes, such as JCL; IBM UTILITIES; working knowledge of ISPF
- The candidate will be expected to have basic knowledge of the UNIX Shell scripting and debugging capabilities.
- Strong diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Ability to plan, manage and work independently with minimal direction
- Process Backups/Restores as required
- Strongly preferred - Experience with Advantage Financial applications
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to produce quality work under pressure.
- Extensive years of related scheduling experience with a Windows-based scheduling system.
- Years' experience escalating and documenting critical job failures and schedule problems.
- Extensive years of experience with hands-on work with executing and performing preliminary troubleshooting activities involving: scheduler, batch processes, and cycle flows.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- A baccalaureate degree in computer science, engineering or a related field from an accredited college and four years of satisfactory full-time experience related to IT automation engineering, monitoring engineering, management of infrastructure; or
- Eight years of satisfactory full-time experience related to IT automation engineering, monitoring engineering, management of infrastructure;
- Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" or "2" above.