Estimated Length: 12 months 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM / Monday through Friday
- Lead data modeling and database design for application development and product implementation initiatives.
- Participate in requirements definition, analysis and design.
- Create conceptual/logical/physical models for custom application development, data exchange, integration services and reporting.
- Work closely with business analysts, subject matter experts and development teams in design, development, testing, implementation, and support of application projects.
- Facilitate creation, migration and maintenance of database objects across development/QA/production environments.
- Perform data model management and version control using industry standard tools like ERwin and ER/Studio.
- Follow best practices in data modeling including use of standard naming conventions, processes and templates to ensure consistency of data models.
- Monitor and optimize database performance and capacity utilization to provide high availability and redundancy.
- Take ownership of database performance, scalability and security.
- Reverse engineer and document database architecture for business-critical legacy databases.
- Define data strategies and architectures to meet compliance requirements.
- Identify and plan data replication needs between internal/external data sources and heterogeneous/ legacy platforms.
- Collaborate with service DBAs to optimize data structures for data integration and reporting.
- Define and implement data testing strategies with business stakeholders, application development teams and QA groups.
- Participate in the software testing process, including identification and resolution of defects.
- Contribute to and support roll-out strategies.
- Participate in and contribute to formal/informal technical reviews and presentations.
- Understand other database platforms like Oracle, MySQL and IBM DB2.
- Understand high level application architecture/design, network design, performance constraints and security frameworks.
- Apply technical knowledge to determine solutions and solve complex problems.
- Research, present and/or make recommendations on technical issues.
- Explore new ideas and initiatives that encourage innovation.
- Take inputs from reporting manager(s) and appropriately apply comments/feedback.
- Accurately predicts time required to complete development tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to cooperate with a variety of people and achieve results.
- Proactively initiate, develop, and maintain effective working relationships with team members.
- Mentor and guide development team members on database-related tasks.
MANDATORY SKILLS/EXPERIENCE: Note: candidates who do not have the mandatory skills will not be considered.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in relational database administration, data modeling and database design for application development and product implementation initiatives using Microsoft SQL Server 2014/2016/2017 with proficiency in T-SQL, SSRS, SSAS and SSIS.
DESIRABLE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE: - Note: candidates who do not have the mandatory skills will not be considered
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent, in a technology related field or other degree preferred.
- 8-10 years of expertise in MS-SQL Server database administration, utilities and tools.
- 6-8 years of application data modeling experience using tools.
- Microsoft Certified Database Administrator.
- Proficiency in supporting MS-SQL Server 2014/2016/2017 databases in high availability environments with intimate knowledge of both SQL and T-SQL.
- Demonstrated knowledge of designing, developing and integrating databases, data warehouses and multidimensional databases in MS-SQL Server.
- Working knowledge on cross-platform databases like MySQL/Oracle/DB2.
- Ability to write and optimize complex SQL queries, procedures and functions.
- Familiarity with SSRS, SSAS, SSIS and data warehousing concepts like ETL, Dimensions, Facts, Cubes.
- Experience with database replication techniques.
- Ability to perform both database-level and operating system performance tuning and monitoring.
- Knowledge of SQL Server backup and recovery scenarios.
- Proficiency in SQL Server security management.
- Experience in code migration, database change management and data management through the various stages of the development life cycle.
- Ability to design databases according to industry standards and make tuning recommendations.
- Strong analytical, decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Good communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- Team player who can establish excellent working relationships with peers and other teams.
- Ability to work on multiple projects as team lead or team member.
- Ability to understand business requirements and estimate for delivery commitments.
- Utilize application development environments, tools and methodologies across multiple platforms.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Applications.
Founded in 1995, IIT is a leading provider of Workforce Solutions to Government and Fortune-1000 organizations. IIT is a winner of Inc-500 award. IIT's core services include:
Consulting for projects / IT Outsourcing
IT staffing (Contract / Temporary / Contingent / Consulting)
Custom Workforce Solutions
Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO)
Headquartered in New York, IIT has over 400 consultants deployed at Client Sites. Other IIT highlights include
Winner of Inc-500 award 2 consecutive years
Winner of Ernst & Young / USPAACC Fast-50 award 2 consecutive years
Winner of USPAACC Top-10 Award in the Northeast US
IBM Business Partner
Oracle Business Partner
Adobe Business Partner
NYSA Member - New York Staffing Association - Regional Affiliate of ASA / American Staffing Association
NYS MBE certified
Our Consultants love working for IIT
W2 or C2C
Biweekly Direct Deposit for W2 Consultants
Visa and Green Card sponsorship opportunities for qualified individuals
Local contact for you to meet and talk to anytime (not someone sitting overseas in a different time zone)
Follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter or Facebook
IIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer