Estimated Length: 12 months 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM / Monday through Friday
- Develop and enhance custom Drupal module code, adhering to community and agency best practices, demonstrating innate understanding of the Drupal APIs.
- Perform detailed application design, database design, coding and unit/ integration/ performance testing.
- Build secure web applications with user authentication and role-based access control.
- Perform configuration management, continuous integration, version control, testing and document management.
- Anticipate issues and risks at the module level and escalate appropriately.
- Work within an agile methodology, interpreting stakeholders' user stories and distilling them into technical tasks.
- Design creative prototypes according to specifications.
- Write high quality source code to program complete applications within deadlines.
- Create/update design artifacts and deliverables such as use case diagrams, application architecture, class/sequence diagrams and high-level/detailed design documentation as needed.
- Understand high level application architecture/design, network design, performance constraints and security frameworks.
- Perform unit and integration testing.
- Conduct functional and non-functional testing.
- Troubleshoot and debug applications.
- Engage in incident management, problem solving and solution implementation.
- Maintain effective communications with project team members and evaluate alternative business solutions with project management.
- Prepare written business correspondence that is coherent, effective, professional and engaging.
- Promote a positive attitude towards peers, colleagues, and customers.
- Develop technical documents and handbooks to accurately represent application design and code.
- Support the project execution using Agile Scrum methodology.
- Take inputs from supervisor and appropriately apply comments/feedback.
- Understand the necessity of project standards and apply them consistently.
- Have the ability to provide accurate development estimates.
- Demonstrate the ability to cooperate with a variety of people and achieve results.
- Proactively initiate, develop, and maintain effective working relationships with team members.
- Work with client personnel to identify required changes.
- Communicate needed changes to development team.
- Mentor and guide developers.
MANDATORY SKILLS/EXPERIENCE: Note: candidates who do not have the mandatory skills will not be considered.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in object oriented design, development, testing and deploymen of mission critical, web-based business applications using Drupal, PHP, MySQL/Oracle.
DESIRABLE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE: - Note: candidates who do not have the mandatory skills will not be considered
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent, in a technology related field; MA/MS degree in technology is preferred.
- 6 years proven experience with PHP web programming.
- 6 years of hands-on, Drupal back-end and front-end development experience in a professional environment.
- Drupal 8 module development experience.
- Symfony experience.
- Experience with configuration management, continuous integration, version control, testing and document management with Open Source technology stacks (LAMP, Ruby on Rails etc.) and Open Source tools (GIT/GITHUB, CI, Jira, etc.).
- Excellent understanding of software design and programming principles.
- Certified Application Developer is a plus.
- Experience in all phases of SDLC and standard SDLC methodologies such as Waterfall, RUP and Agile/Scrum to deliver client solutions.
- Decision-making, problem solving & able to work in a fast pace environment.
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving capability.
- Great attention to detail and time-management skills.
- Good communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- Team player who can establish excellent working relationships with peers and other teams.
- Experience in Wireless/Mobile/Disconnected architecture/applications.
- Prior experience in federal/state/local government projects.
- HTML/XHTML, CSS, XML/XSL, Visual Basic, Python, Perl, RESTful API.
- Operating Systems: Linux, Windows, Mac, UNIX, Android.
- Databases: MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, Memcached, Redis.
- Web Technologies: HTML, HTML5, XML, CSS, Ajax, REST web services.
- Cloud Platform: Experience developing and working on AWS platform, Acquia or any other platform.