Estimated Length: 12 months 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM / Monday through Friday
- Perform detailed application design, database design, coding and unit/ integration/ performance testing.
- Develop and integrate complex application modules using .NET 3.5/4.0/4.5, ASP.NET, C#, n-Tier architecture, SOA, XML/JSON-based web services and application development tools such as Microsoft Visual Studio 2013/2015 and SQL Server Management Studio.
- Perform/manage relational database design, normalization, T-SQL/stored procedures with SQL Server 2014/2016.
- Build secure web applications with user authentication and role-based access control.
- Generate reports using Microsoft SQL Reporting Services (SSRS), Ad-hoc reporting, and data migration/transformation using SSIS packages.
- Perform configuration management, continuous integration, version control, testing and document management using tools such as Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2013/2015,
- Microsoft Test Manager, Team System and SharePoint Server.
- Implement web services using Windows Communication Foundation (WCF).
- Create/update design artifacts and deliverables such as use case diagrams, application architecture, class/sequence diagrams and high-level/detailed design documentation.
- Be responsible for technical quality of the implemented code base and fully understand the implemented design.
- Understand and follow Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes in a structured environment, including Waterfall, RUP and Agile development methodologies.
- Work closely with business analysts, subject matter experts and development teams in design, development, testing, implementation, and support of application projects.
- Participate in the software testing process, including identification and resolution of defects.
- Contribute to and support roll-out strategies.
- Participate in and contribute to formal/informal technical reviews and presentations.
- Understand high level application architecture/design, network design, performance constraints and security frameworks.
- Apply technical knowledge to determine solutions and solve complex problems.
- Research, present and/or make recommendations on technical issues.
- Explore new ideas and initiatives that encourage innovation.
- Take inputs from reporting manager(s) and appropriately apply comments/ feedback.
- Accurately estimate time required to complete development tasks. Collaborate with diverse teams.
- Demonstrate the ability to cooperate with a variety of people and achieve results
- Proactively initiate, develop, and maintain effective working relationships with team members.
MANDATORY SKILLS/EXPERIENCE: Note: candidates who do not have the mandatory skills will not be considered.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in object oriented design, development, testing and deployment of mission critical business applications using Microsoft.NET and SQL Server technologies for web, web service and desktop application development using C#.NET, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, HTML5, AJAX, WPF, WCF, MVC, jQuery, Entity Framework, LINQ, Visual Studio 2015/2017/2019.
DESIRABLE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE: - Note: candidates who do not have the mandatory skills will not be considered
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent, in a technology related field or other degree preferred. Microsoft Certified Professional.
- 8-10 years of total experience in object oriented design, development, testing and deployment of mission critical business applications, at least 6 of which are in a web/client-server environment.
- 8+ years of hands-on development experience with projects involving Microsoft.NET and SQL Server technologies for web, web service and desktop application development using C#.NET,
- ASP.NET, ADO.NET, HTML 5, AJAX, WPF, WCF, MVC, jQuery, Entity Framework, LINQ, Visual Studio 2015/2017/2019.
- 6+ years of relational database design, normalization, T-SQL, stored procedures, SQL Server 2012/2014/2016, DTS/SSIS packages, data modeling tools (ERwin/ERStudio).
- 6+ years of SQL Reporting Services (or Crystal Reports) and ad-hoc reporting.
- Considerable hands-on experience in designing asynchronous solutions using MSMQ or WebSphere MQ.
- Experience in all phases of SDLC and standard SDLC methodologies such as Waterfall, RUP, agile/Scrum to deliver client solutions.
- 8+ years of exposure to application lifecycle management tools for configuration management, version control and testing (Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2013/2015 is preferred).
- Experience in UML/Rational tools or other design tools.
- Strong analytical, decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Good communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- Team player who can establish excellent working relationships with peers and other teams.
- Ability to work on multiple projects as team lead or team member/developer.
- Ability to understand business requirements and estimate for delivery commitments.
- Utilize application development environments, tools and methodologies across multiple platforms.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Applications.