Estimated Length: 12 months 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM / Monday through Friday
- Identify functional and non-functional requirements for information technology projects and programs using industry standard analysis techniques such as data flow modeling, workflow analysis, and functional decomposition analysis.
- Prepare, review and update requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations for proposed solutions using standard templates.
- Work closely with business units and subject matter experts in definition, testing, training, implementation, and support of functional requirements.
- Solicit requirements through interviews, workshops, surveys, and/or existing systems documentation or procedures.
- Identify and document existing system deficiencies.
- Have considerable knowledge of existing information processing systems and emerging technology trends to match them with Clinet current and future business needs.
- Participate in meetings with both technology and business teams to facilitate the understanding, clarification, and implementation of requirements.
- Create/revise/own analysis artifacts and deliverables such as process maps, business requirements, business rules, user stories, user workflows, use cases, user interfaces, screens, and acceptance test cases.
- Understand client organization's direction, structure, business issues and data challenges.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish client requests from the underlying true needs.
- Define and set standards for requirement analysis, documentation, and traceability.
- Develop templates and processes for status reporting.
- Define and/or contribute to roll-out strategies.
- Devise and participate in client training of new applications.
MANDATORY SKILLS/EXPERIENCE: Note: candidates who do not have the mandatory skills will not be considered.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in business analysis and requirements documentation for mission critical web applications, with expertise in ideation, development and coordination of functional and non-functional requirements for large business process re-engineering programs and software application development projects, and experience in leading a team of business analysts to identify/document requirement specifications and work closely with business units and IT&T development teams for implementation.
DESIRABLE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE: - Note: candidates who do not have the mandatory skills will not be considered
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent, in a technology related field or other degree preferred.
- 8-10 years of experience in specifying, analyzing and documenting requirements for mission critical business applications in a web/client-server environment.
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) or similar certification.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally and confidently with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Strong analytical, decision-making and problem solving skills to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Strong facilitation skills and proven experience at driving consensus across multiple stakeholders.
- Good presentation and leadership skills.
- Must be flexible and willing to undertake a wide variety of challenging tasks.
- Process-driven analysis skills and a background in various requirements elicitation methods.
- Proficiency with Waterfall, RUP and Agile SDLC processes.
- Team player who can establish excellent working relationships with peers and other teams.
- Ability to work on multiple projects as team member.
- Ability to estimate for delivery commitments.
- Utilize application development environments, tools and methodologies across multiple platforms.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Applications
Founded in 1995, IIT is a leading provider of Workforce Solutions to Government and Fortune-1000 organizations. IIT is a winner of Inc-500 award. IIT's core services include:
Consulting for projects / IT Outsourcing
IT staffing (Contract / Temporary / Contingent / Consulting)
Custom Workforce Solutions
Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO)
Headquartered in New York, IIT has over 400 consultants deployed at Client Sites. Other IIT highlights include
Winner of Inc-500 award 2 consecutive years
Winner of Ernst & Young / USPAACC Fast-50 award 2 consecutive years
Winner of USPAACC Top-10 Award in the Northeast US
IBM Business Partner
Oracle Business Partner
Adobe Business Partner
NYSA Member - New York Staffing Association - Regional Affiliate of ASA / American Staffing Association
NYS MBE certified
Our Consultants love working for IIT
W2 or C2C
Biweekly Direct Deposit for W2 Consultants
Visa and Green Card sponsorship opportunities for qualified individuals
Local contact for you to meet and talk to anytime (not someone sitting overseas in a different time zone)
Follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter or Facebook
IIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer