Estimated Length: 12 months
approx 37.5 hrs per week
LOCAL Candidates only
This job is responsible for Forensics and Investigation activities related to Cyber Security Operation Center (CSOC). This position at the client is a highly skilled, demanding position with up-to-date, expert security knowledge of Enterprise Network & Security infrastructure, Communication and internet security systems, Firewalls, Intrusion Protection Systems, Remote Access VPN, Proxy, Wireless Security, SIEM, NAC, Enterprise ID Management systems, Database, computer systems, security event analysis and forensic investigation. Candidate should have industry standard security information on current trends, and evolving security of vendor products utilized in enterprise security. Candidate will support various teams of the Cyber Security Operation Center.
- This will include participating in real-time Forensics and Investigations, evaluation of advance threats and statistical analysis. This position will interface with various IT departments and provide information to IT leadership with respect to current infrastructure security events, reporting, investigation monitoring and day to day security operation.
Interpersonal Skill Requirements
- The following desired knowledge, skills, and abilities are required for this position. Excellent organizational, decision making and communications skills. Excellent knowledge of network security operations with a solid understanding of the technology. Good to excellent attention to detail. Excellent creative problem-solving abilities, coupled with a desire to take on responsibility. Strong team player and people skills with the ability to engage and motivate fellow staff members to drive results. Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, and prioritize highly varied work in order to maintain required productivity levels. Ability to communicate technical info and ideas so others will understand. Ability to make appropriate decisions considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions. Ability to apply varying team player traits that create solutions and results to unexpected situations. Ability to assist and motivate less experienced team members to achieve our goals.
Responsibilities Include the Following:
- Work alongside / within a group of technical security staff responsible for the management, response, and reporting to all client Computer and Network security related incidents, performing forensic investigations on advance threat analysis.
- This position will also be responsible for all statistical analysis, performing simulation and incident testing in a lab environment, correlation of events, trend analysis, comparing against security policy and vulnerability database.
- This candidate must have the ability to reverse engineer Malware samples and understand what the malicious code is doing
- Candidate must have UNIX / Linux experience
- Participate / assist with the management and monitoring, analyzing and reporting of security incident and day to day security events with primary focus on highly critical systems holding PPSI, PCI and HIPPA data to make sure proper security controls are in place.
- Participate / assist with incident reporting and providing forensic investigation reports to management, notifying, and coordinating changes with all Client agencies and departments as a result of security incidents.
- Perform project management and assist with forecasting, budgeting, and monitoring of data security projects and procedures as they relate to Cyber Security Operation Center. Assist the Cyber Security Incident and Monitoring and Security Support team as per client and New York State security policies and procedures.
- Responsible to provide 24x7x365 level 2 support as it relates to all security incident and play primary role in forensic investigation and Incident Response at Cyber Security Operation Center at client.
- Assist as directed the CSOC focal point in any Cyber Security investigation that requires involvement with law enforcement agencies.
- Assist with lifecycle replacement and upgrades throughout client for all Cyber Security Incident Response infrastructures.
Founded in 1995, IIT is a leading provider of Workforce Solutions to Government and Fortune-1000 organizations. IIT is a winner of Inc-500 award. IIT's core services include:
Consulting for projects / IT Outsourcing
IT staffing (Contract / Temporary / Contingent / Consulting)
Custom Workforce Solutions
Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO)
Headquartered in New York, IIT has over 400 consultants deployed at Client Sites. Other IIT highlights include
Winner of Inc-500 award 2 consecutive years
Winner of Ernst & Young / USPAACC Fast-50 award 2 consecutive years
Winner of USPAACC Top-10 Award in the Northeast US
IBM Business Partner
Oracle Business Partner
Adobe Business Partner
NYSA Member - New York Staffing Association - Regional Affiliate of ASA / American Staffing Association
NYS MBE certified
Our Consultants love working for IIT
W2 or C2C
Biweekly Direct Deposit for W2 Consultants
Visa and Green Card sponsorship opportunities for qualified individuals
Local contact for you to meet and talk to anytime (not someone sitting overseas in a different time zone)
Follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter or Facebook
IIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer