Estimated Length: 12 months 37.5 hrs
This job is responsible for all Project & Development activities related to the implementation of Security Orchestration & Automation (SOAR) tools for the Cyber Security Operation Center (CSOC). This position at the client is a highly skilled and demanding position which requires Programing and Scripting skills, expert security knowledge of Enterprise Network & Security infrastructure, Communication and internet security systems, Firewalls, Intrusion Protection Systems, Remote Access VPN, Proxy, Wireless Security, NAC, Enterprise ID Management systems, Database, computer systems, security event analysis and forensic investigation.
Candidate should have industry standard security information on current trends, and evolving security vendor products utilized in enterprise security. Candidate will support various teams of the Cyber Security Operation Center.
- The following desired knowledge, skills, and abilities are required for this position.
- Cybersecurity experience
- Experience with systems integration via restful APIs.
- Scripting and development skills (e.g. BASH, Perl, Python or Java) with strong knowledge of regular expressions.
- SIEM Architecture & Development experience.
- Experience authoring security runbooks, policy, and best practice documentation
- Excellent organizational, decision making and communications skills.
- Excellent knowledge of network security operations with a solid understanding of the technology.
- Good to excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent creative problem-solving abilities coupled with a desire to take on responsibility.
- Strong team player and people skills with the ability to engage and motivate fellow staff members to drive results.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment and prioritize highly varied work to maintain required productivity levels.
- Ability to communicate technical info and ideas so others will understand.
- Excellent analytical thinking, time management and coordination skills and excellent command in English (both written and verbal)
- Responsibilities including the following
- Responsible for supporting Security Orchestration, Automation and Response functions
- Regular use of APIs to streamline content, intelligence and response operations
- Experience with other Information Security solutions such as Endpoint, NAC, Internet Proxy, Firewall, Advanced Threat Detection, Incident Management (ITSM).
- Integrate security infrastructure to bolster enterprise security posture.
- Enhancing the analyst experience when leveraging security control datasets
- Continued enhancement of threat intelligence and response toolset
- This role will collaborate with their peers to automate and refine cybersecurity metrics, processes and improve incident response timelines.
- Have deep knowledge of security monitoring, log aggregation, alert structures, and managing SIEM implementations
- Have specific familiarity with Splunk, machine learning, and large-volume log data management
- Experience developing in Python, Perl, Java, or a similar language. Everywhere possible, we automate our security measures
- Project management for the implementation of SOAR technologies such as of Phantom & Demisto.
- Capability to develop customized code necessary for the integration of Cyber Security systems for the purposes of automating security tasks.
- The documentation, development & creation of playbooks for orchestrating and automating responses to repetitive/routine tasks.
- Work alongside / within a group of technical security staff responsible for the management, response, and reporting to all client Computer and Network security related incidents, performing forensic investigations on advance threat analysis.
- Participate / assist when called upon to provide Level 1 & 2 Cyber Security Monitoring and Incident response support as it relates to all Cyber Security Operation Center activities.
Founded in 1995, IIT is a leading provider of Workforce Solutions to Government and Fortune-1000 organizations. IIT is a winner of Inc-500 award. IIT's core services include:
Consulting for projects / IT Outsourcing
IT staffing (Contract / Temporary / Contingent / Consulting)
Custom Workforce Solutions
Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO)
Headquartered in New York, IIT has over 400 consultants deployed at Client Sites. Other IIT highlights include
Winner of Inc-500 award 2 consecutive years
Winner of Ernst & Young / USPAACC Fast-50 award 2 consecutive years
Winner of USPAACC Top-10 Award in the Northeast US
IBM Business Partner
Oracle Business Partner
Adobe Business Partner
NYSA Member - New York Staffing Association - Regional Affiliate of ASA / American Staffing Association
NYS MBE certified
Our Consultants love working for IIT
W2 or C2C
Biweekly Direct Deposit for W2 Consultants
Visa and Green Card sponsorship opportunities for qualified individuals
Local contact for you to meet and talk to anytime (not someone sitting overseas in a different time zone)
Follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter or Facebook
IIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer