Estimated Length: 18 months 9 AM to 5 PM Monday – Friday
SCOPE OF SERVICES:
- Perform detailed application design, coding and unit/integration/performance testing.
- Develop and integrate complex application modules using .NET 4.0/4.5, ASP.NET, C#, n-Tier architecture and XML-based web services and application development tools such as Microsoft Visual Studio 2013/2015 and SQL Server Management Studio.
- Perform/manage relational database design, normalization, T-SQL/stored procedures with SQL Server 2014/2016, PostgreSQL/PostGIS.
- Develop T-SQL/stored procedures, generate reports using Microsoft SQL Reporting Services (SSRS) and develop SSIS packages.
- Integrate mapping APIs and web services to build interactive map based applications.
- Perform configuration management, continuous integration, version control, testing and document management using tools such as Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Microsoft Test Manager, Team System and SharePoint Server.
- Be responsible for technical quality of the implemented code base and fully understand the implemented design.
- Understand and follow Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes in a structured environment, including Waterfall, RUP and Agile development methodologies.
- Work closely with architects, senior developers, business analysts and development teams for design, development, testing, implementation, and support of application projects.
- Participate in software testing process, including identification and resolution of defects.
- Participate in and contribute to formal/informal technical reviews and presentations.
- Explore new ideas and initiatives that encourage innovation.
- Take inputs from reporting manager(s) and appropriately apply comments/ feedback.
- Accurately estimate time required to complete development tasks.
- Collaborate with diverse teams.
- Demonstrate the ability to cooperate with a variety of people and achieve results.
- Proactively initiate, develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members.
Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a particular technical and/or business application, product, platform, methodology or skill set that is beyond the requirements addressed in the other labor categories.
DESIRABLE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE: -
1. BA/BS Degree or equivalent, in a technology related field or other degree preferred.
Microsoft Certified Professional.
2 years of total experience in object oriented design, development, testing and deployment of mission critical business applications, at least 1 of which are in a web/client- server environment.
2+ years of hands-on development experience with projects involving Microsoft.NET and
SQL Server technologies for web, web service and desktop application development using
Good communication, presentation and leadership skills.
Team player who can establish excellent working relationships with peers and other teams.
Ability to work on multiple projects as team lead or team member/developer.
Ability to understand business requirements and estimate for delivery commitments.
Utilize application development environments, tools and methodologies across multiple platforms.
Consultants will not be compensated for lunch or mealtime holidays, vacations, or sick leaves taken by the consultant during the engagement. No overtime or schedule differentials premiums will be paid to Contractor for Consultants that perform work after/outside of Business Hours. All hours worked will be paid in accordance with the Hourly Bill Rate the Consultant’s labor category. Unless otherwise pre-approved in writing by the Client reporting manager, the consultant cannot work more than 35 hours per week.
Founded in 1995, IIT is a leading provider of Workforce Solutions to Government and Fortune-1000 organizations. IIT is a winner of Inc-500 award. IIT's core services include:
Consulting for projects / IT Outsourcing
IT staffing (Contract / Temporary / Contingent / Consulting)
Custom Workforce Solutions
Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO)
Headquartered in New York, IIT has over 400 consultants deployed at Client Sites. Other IIT highlights include
Winner of Inc-500 award 2 consecutive years
Winner of Ernst & Young / USPAACC Fast-50 award 2 consecutive years
Winner of USPAACC Top-10 Award in the Northeast US
IBM Business Partner
Oracle Business Partner
Adobe Business Partner
NYSA Member - New York Staffing Association - Regional Affiliate of ASA / American Staffing Association
NYS MBE certified
Our Consultants love working for IIT
W2 or C2C
Biweekly Direct Deposit for W2 Consultants
Visa and Green Card sponsorship opportunities for qualified individuals
Local contact for you to meet and talk to anytime (not someone sitting overseas in a different time zone)
Follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter or Facebook
IIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer