Estimated Length: Open Ended
Achieve test development milestones set by Test Lead for assigned set of functionality;
• If the application is still in the design phase, work closely with the business analysts to document testable user requirements;
• Attend walkthroughs with functional and technical SMEs to better understand the functional and technical requirements and designs;
• Develop functional and non-functional test outlines and detailed test cases per the Test Lead’s test plan;
• Determine the appropriate data and system set-up requirements for test execution;
• Design & Develop complex API test scripts, VB Scripts and back-end complex SQL queries for data set-up and verification (DB2 on the mainframe side and Oracle on the Web-side);
• Identify job flows for mainframe and/or Unix batch/reporting jobs based on technical designs;
• Perform data and system set-up for test execution;
• Execute functional and non-functional test cases using UFT and other API testing tools per the Team Lead’s test plan and retest as appropriate;
• Work with technical staff to execute and troubleshoot job flows for functional and non-functional testing of batch/reporting jobs;
• Update test development and execution progress into Quality Center test management tool
• Document and report on test results;
• Document and report software defects using Quality Center and IBM Rational ClearQuest;
Required Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
• Working knowledge of software quality assurance/testing methodologies and practices.
• Hands-on experience in Web services (SoapUI, Postman or Restful) automation.
• Knowledge and experience in testing Web services designed to function in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) environment is highly desired.
• Strong knowledge of Java, C++, VB scripting, java scripting and HTML preferable
• Troubleshooting the issues in Web services testing with SoapUI logs or any traffic monitoring tools
• Strong expertise in the functional and nonfunctional testing of APIs and web services using both SOAP and REST protocols
• Knowledge about the techniques, approaches, and intricacies of cloud testing using a server less architecture
• Hands-on experience performing web services integrations system testing (including integrations of two systems) for accounting and budgeting functions (e.g., financial management ERP functionality).
• Proficiency running & developing complex back-end/database queries for data set-up and verification (DB2 on MF and Oracle on the Web-side).
• Proficiency running batch/jobs (MF using JCL and for UNIX using UNIX scripts).
• Excellent English language written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team.
• Self-motivated with ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to plan and manage time based on schedules.
• Problem solving skills.
• Flexibility to work overtime or weekends in order to meet target dates.
• Minimum 8 years of hands-on testing (integration, interface, system, regression, Web services and API, and user acceptance testing) for accounting and/or budget ERP Systems. (Advantage ERP package software preferred)
• Minimum 8 years of experience writing test outlines, detailed test case development from requirements and/or design documents for accounting and/or budget ERP Systems.
• Minimum 8 years hands-on testing of complex applications in Mainframe and Web-based environments (e.g., interfaces/ETL, Web services integration code, middleware, etc.).
• Minimum 8 years hands-on testing with industry-standard automated functional test and defect tracking tools (Quality Center, UFT and Clear Quest preferred).
Education: BA in MIS, Computer Science, or related field from a recognized college or university or equivalent work experience.