||Old Westbury, NY 11545
||LAN WAN Network Administrator-Cisco,Firewalls,Switches Routers,OSPF,EIGRP,BGP,Lucent,Aruba,Arista
If you are unable to click on links above to submit resume, you may email your resume to
Subject=IIT Career Site/Resume for JobID=12289 (LAN WAN Network Administrator-Cisco,Firewalls,Switches Routers,OSPF,EIGRP,BGP,Lucent,Aruba,Arista) in Old Westbury NY 11545 (AMI)
Estimated Length: 12 months
- Five (5) years related full-time experience and training with Cisco, Meraki, Alcatel Lucent, Aruba, Arista network equipment including firewalls, switches and routers.
- Five (5) years of full-time progressively responsible demonstrated experience in network design and support and experience in configuring and maintaining a diverse enterprise IT infrastructure. Experience to include TCP/IP, Ethernet, VRFs, VLANs, information security and data center architecture is required.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, with logical problem-solving from Layer 1 through Layer 7 of the OSI model.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience with installing, administering and maintaining IT infrastructure, including servers (physical & Virtual), routers, firewalls, switches, IPS/IDS, patch panels, cabling, UPS’ and WAPs.
- Expert in networking concepts as well as protocols including VLAN, VTP, STP, VRF, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP.
- Four plus (4+) years of experience supporting a wireless network using 802.11a/b/g/n and ability to create predictive wireless surveys.
- Four plus (4+) years of experience with IP routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP.
- Participate in planning, design, configuration, implementation and deployment of selected software and hardware technology solutions in an Enterprise environment. This will include both new systems as well as upgrades to existing solutions.
- Maximize IT infrastructure performance by monitoring utilization, data flow, latency, troubleshooting infrastructure problems and outages, scheduling upgrades, and collaborating with network and system administrators on infrastructure optimization.
- Perform detailed analysis of traffic flows and patterns identifying and resolving performance, scalability and availability issues.
- Report network operational metrics by gathering, prioritizing, and formatting data to inform management of current status and applicable trends.
- Research and implement approved innovative technologies to improve IT infrastructure performance, reliability, and functionality.
- Develop technology roadmaps by testing new and modified configurations for infrastructure related devices and new/upgraded hardware and software.
- Enhance job knowledge through participation in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and participating in professional organizations.
- Facilitate and coordinate work with vendors, suppliers, and campus personnel.
- The Network Administrator is required to perform occasional off-hours work during nights and weekends both for urgent issues as well as for maintenance that is required outside of business hours.
Founded in 1995, IIT is a leading provider of Workforce Solutions to Government and Fortune-1000 organizations. IIT is a winner of Inc-500 award. IIT's core services include:
Consulting for projects / IT Outsourcing
IT staffing (Contract / Temporary / Contingent / Consulting)
Custom Workforce Solutions
Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO)
Headquartered in New York, IIT has over 400 consultants deployed at Client Sites. Other IIT highlights include
Winner of Inc-500 award 2 consecutive years
Winner of Ernst & Young / USPAACC Fast-50 award 2 consecutive years
Winner of USPAACC Top-10 Award in the Northeast US
IBM Business Partner
Oracle Business Partner
Adobe Business Partner
NYSA Member - New York Staffing Association - Regional Affiliate of ASA / American Staffing Association
NYS MBE certified
Our Consultants love working for IIT
W2 or C2C
Biweekly Direct Deposit for W2 Consultants
Visa and Green Card sponsorship opportunities for qualified individuals
Local contact for you to meet and talk to anytime (not someone sitting overseas in a different time zone)
Follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter or Facebook
IIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer