Estimated Length: 12 months 37.50 hrs
This position will ensure that all Physical Security, Electronic Security and Police applications, systems and services installed and introduced into the Client environment meet defined security standards, comply with existing policies, follow industry best practices and comply with all applicable regulations, with regard to system configuration and security, user access & physical controls, data protection, auditing and monitoring, secure coding and any other relevant controls.
The consultant will provide technical information, security advice and guidance to multiple stakeholders and assist in identifying, managing and mitigating security risks for respective physical assets, applications, networks, and systems across the business. They will determine physical and electronic security gaps by evaluating business operations and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; preparing cost estimates.
The consultant will prepare documentation by collecting, analyzing, assessing and summarizing data. Produce project schedules & plans, coordinate between various vendors, IT and Business groups. They will manage all aspects of the projects and achieve the required result within timeline and budget goals. This resource will provide reports to Senior Management regarding progress of the project and budget tracking.
Occasional travel throughout the Client Region is required.
•Experience with Electronic Security integrated applications such as Qognify PSIM, Genetec
Video Management, Lenel Access Control, Video Analytic Technology & Voice Communications Systems is required.
•Excellent technical knowledge of mainstream operating systems and a wide range of security
technologies, such as network security appliances, identity and access management systems, anti-malware solutions, automated policy compliance tools and desktop security tools.
•Knowledge of server & network infrastructure including routers, switches, firewalls, SAN, servers and the associated protocols and concepts.
•Thorough experience evaluating network and security technologies; developing requirements for local area networks, wide area networks, virtual private networks, routers, firewalls, and related security and network devices.
•Strong analytical skills required to analyze security requirements and relate such requirements to the appropriate security controls.
•Experience reading IT/Security/Construction drawing packages.
• Experience Performing IT Security assessments, developing scope of work and managing the successful implementation satisfying requirements.
• A solid foundation in information technology, including the principles and practices of systems analysis, design, development, administration, maintenance, project management and the functions of an IT Department.
•Extensive knowledge using Microsoft Office Suite including Project, PowerPoint & Visio
•Ability to manage a multi-disciplined technical team, coordinate problem resolution with multiple departments and/or external vendors as well as maintain strong relationships with stakeholders.
•Ability to make decisions and provide solutions by inquiring, listening and evaluating information.
•Ability to understand and adjust to changing priorities, circumstances, and direction.
•Excellent written and verbal communication skills is a must.
Education and Experience:
• Minimum Bachelor's degree in IT related field
• Minimum 7-9 years of Information Technology Project management experience
• 3 to 6 years of experience in Electronic Security including Video Management, Card Access or Physical Security Information Management (PSIM)
• Certifications (PMP, ITIL, Lenel, Qognify, Genetec, etc.) or equivalent are a plus.
• Any Police related experience is very helpful.
• Building Management System Experience is a plus