Estimated Length: 11 months 37.5 hour work week
The Senior Business Analyst reports to the IT Program Lead at the client in the State Lab in Jamaica Plain. He or she will work closely with Lab Staff and Management (Bureaus/Programs) and IT Application Team Members and IT Project Managers to identify, analyze, and document requirements and improve business and IT processes as well as help implement cost effective IT solutions that are in alignment with strategic goals and policies. The Senior Business Analyst will apply industry best practices and concepts, including business analysis techniques, to achieve the set goals and maintain the results in a centralized repository.
- Develop detailed business user requirements, design document, system documentation, workflow procedures, and capture data modeling.
- Elicit and document requirements for new and existing applications and in-house development efforts. Document integration requirements.
- Analyzes the feasibility of planned systems, enhancements and upgrades to existing systems; ensures the system design fits the needs of the users.
- Support the Discovery, Requirements, Design, Development, QA and UAT Phases including test plans and test scripts.
- Consolidate and document issues.
- Consult with functional unit management and personnel to identify, define and document needs.
- Document supporting policies, processes, and procedures especially where they are lacking.
- Provide and maintain a repository of the business and IT functions throughout all organizational units at the State Lab.
- Manage customer expectations.
- Identifies opportunities for improving and streamlining IT processes as well as eliminating security risks (compliance). Suggest process improvements and other cost saving measures.
- Define standards in Business Analysis and coach junior Business Analysts.
- Maintain org charts and master lists of resources, applications, tools and contracts.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals to develop new systems and/or operational changes.
- Assist in developing an overall change management strategy.
LIMS Project Responsibilities
- Elicit, analyze, and document business and functional requirements from end
users to achieve their desired results for system features or process changes.
- Assist with identifying, modeling, and implementing future-state business system
processes to align with functionality of the new LIMS software.
- Responsible for understanding laboratory process and requirements and to work effectively with numerous laboratories and the LIMS vendor to define, document and translate business requirements.
- Work with laboratories and vendor to ensure that project documentation is accurate and appropriately vetted in a manner that is understandable by internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to collaborate with labs and vendor to solution: process, requirements, identify gaps, change requests and training needs.
- Responsible to build out and maintain the project’s Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Assist with creation of test plans and detailed test cases to validate that functional
requirements are met. When appropriate, lead user acceptance testing (UAT)
efforts to ensure the software implementation meets the needs of business end
- Act as Lead Business Analyst on the LIMS project providing support to the project’s PMO to meet the project’s management needs.
Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Management or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a Business Analyst role.
- Requirements Development, Management and Communication.
- Solution Assessment and Validation.
- IIBA certification (CCBA, CBAP) preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to design and test use cases.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated, effective follow-up skills with attention to detail.
- Experience working with software vendors.
- Evidence of ability to work within a team and promote a collaborative work environment.
- Experience in maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Experience working in a PMO environment.
- Intermediate project management skills and understanding of project management and software development lifecycle methodologies.
- Experience working in the Clinical or Healthcare domain Experience working for State Agencies.
- Familiar with State and Federal funding procedures.
- Experience with JIRA is preferred.
Founded in 1995, IIT is a leading provider of Workforce Solutions to Government and Fortune-1000 organizations. IIT is a winner of Inc-500 award. IIT's core services include:
Consulting for projects / IT Outsourcing
IT staffing (Contract / Temporary / Contingent / Consulting)
Custom Workforce Solutions
Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO)
Headquartered in New York, IIT has over 400 consultants deployed at Client Sites. Other IIT highlights include
Winner of Inc-500 award 2 consecutive years
Winner of Ernst & Young / USPAACC Fast-50 award 2 consecutive years
Winner of USPAACC Top-10 Award in the Northeast US
IBM Business Partner
Oracle Business Partner
Adobe Business Partner
NYSA Member - New York Staffing Association - Regional Affiliate of ASA / American Staffing Association
NYS MBE certified
Our Consultants love working for IIT
W2 or C2C
Biweekly Direct Deposit for W2 Consultants
Visa and Green Card sponsorship opportunities for qualified individuals
Local contact for you to meet and talk to anytime (not someone sitting overseas in a different time zone)
Follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter or Facebook
IIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer