Estimated Length: 12 Months Work hours:37.50
The consultant will report to the Robert Moses building located on Randall’s Island, New York but will be required to report to any Client location within NY as needed.
- The Telecommunications Technician/Analyst is primarily responsible for providing 1st - 3rd level support and troubleshooting for all telecommunications services and installations for the Authority on a day-to-day and 24/7 as needed basis.
- The consultant will maintain and repair all embedded IT telephone equipment and perform software programming at all facilities.
- The consultant who will be a part of the project team that will support the proposed MTA IT-Multi-Agency VOIP telephone system.
- The IT telephone upgrade is scheduled to cover a two year period starting in 2021. The entire communication telephone system will be replaced with a Unified Communications as a Service platform and will cover work at over fifty locations.
- The consultant who will be a part of the project team that will support the proposed telephone upgrade of the Department of Buses PBX & Voicemail system at 54 locations.
- The consultant will be reporting to the present manager with latitude for independent initiative and judgment, this position encompasses the responsibility for and performance of telephony/technical support activities of considerable difficulty and complexity in the MTA IT Voice services. Consultant will support phased project work that covers the following: He will support the upgrade with site surveys, vendor meets, customer training and acceptance testing the solution as required by the MTA project manager.
- The consultant will provide customer support for Collaborative conferencing platforms such as : Teams, Zoom & WebEx
Qualifications Experience & Education
- Experience with VOIP (Voice over Internet Protocol)
- Experience as a hardware or installation technician for Avaya Definity PBX systems or equivalent with knowledge of voice communications, PBX's, hands on experience with troubleshooting of category 6/ 5e cabling, IO base T, IO base 2, 110/66 hardware, modems, T-ls, CSUs and lease lines.
- Must be proficient with test equipment (i.e., cable scanners, pair testers, tone generators and amplifiers).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and Visio
- Experience in alarm definition, troubleshooting, installation of PBX hardware and software
- Thorough knowledge and experience with standards, testing and verification; must be able to terminate and test on various types of hardware including 110/66/Krone blocks, RJI 1/45 blocks.
- Knowledge of circuit testing equipment for voice and Ethernet circuits, OL TS.
- Experience with creating and editing VISIO drawings
- Call Accounting System, Voice recording systems, Valcom Paging Systems, Avaya Intuity Voicemail
- Cat 5e/6 cabling-including termination and certification
- Wide Area Network, Local Area Network
- SES, ATM, T-1, Pots lines, trunking, etc.
Deliverables & Due Dates
- The consultant shall provide his own set of telecommunications tools; IE: butt set, tone tracer & punch down tools for 110 & 66 blocks.
- The consultant will provide a cellular telephone number where he can be contacted by the MTA project manager for assignments
- Provide efficient, effective and timely project completion with the least amount of impact to internal customers.
- Maintain standardized operating procedures for the current telephony hardware installations and software programming configurations.
- All source files will be provided to the MTA.
- Only required to be able to lift 30 lbs, may need to carry hand tools and test equipment as needed to any MTA location as required by the project manager
Founded in 1995, IIT is a leading provider of Workforce Solutions to Government and Fortune-1000 organizations. IIT is a winner of Inc-500 award. IIT's core services include:
Consulting for projects / IT Outsourcing
IT staffing (Contract / Temporary / Contingent / Consulting)
Custom Workforce Solutions
Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO)
Headquartered in New York, IIT has over 400 consultants deployed at Client Sites. Other IIT highlights include
Winner of Inc-500 award 2 consecutive years
Winner of Ernst & Young / USPAACC Fast-50 award 2 consecutive years
Winner of USPAACC Top-10 Award in the Northeast US
IBM Business Partner
Oracle Business Partner
Adobe Business Partner
NYSA Member - New York Staffing Association - Regional Affiliate of ASA / American Staffing Association
NYS MBE certified
Our Consultants love working for IIT
W2 or C2C
Biweekly Direct Deposit for W2 Consultants
Visa and Green Card sponsorship opportunities for qualified individuals
Local contact for you to meet and talk to anytime (not someone sitting overseas in a different time zone)
Follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter or Facebook
IIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer