Estimated Length: Open Ended
• Achieve test development milestones set by Test Lead for assigned set of functionality;
• If the application is still in the design phase, work closely with the business analysts to document testable user requirements;
• Attend walkthroughs with functional and technical SMEs to better understand the functional and technical requirements and designs;
• Develop functional & technical test outlines and detailed test cases per the Test Lead’s test plan;
• Determine the appropriate data and system set-up requirements for test execution;
• Develop and prepare XML and/or JASON file template for FMS Test Engineers and project;
• Develop complex SQL query code and/or assist test engineers to develop and execute;
• Design & Develop back-end complex SQL queries for data set-up and verification (DB2 on the mainframe side and Oracle on the Web-side);
• Design, Develop and modify VB Scripting framework using UFT tool for an application;
• Identify job flows for mainframe and/or Unix batch/reporting jobs based on technical designs;
• Perform data and system set-up for test execution;
• Execute functional test cases per the Team Lead’s test plan and retest as appropriate;
• Work with technical staff to execute and troubleshoot job flows for functional testing of batch/reporting jobs;
• Update test development and execution progress into HP ALM test management tool;
• Document and report on test results;
• Document and report software defects using IBM Rational ClearQuest.
Required Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
• Working knowledge of software quality assurance/testing methodologies and practices.
• Hands-on experience performing system testing (including integrations of two systems) for accounting and budgeting functions (e.g., financial management ERP functionality).
• Proficiency running & developing complex back-end/database queries for data set-up and verification (DB2 on MF and Oracle on the Web-side).
• Proficiency running batch/jobs (MF using JCL and for UNIX using UNIX scripts).
• Excellent English language written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team.
• Self-motivated with ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to plan and manage time based on schedules.
• Problem solving skills.
• Flexibility to work overtime or weekends in order to meet target dates.
• Minimum 8 years of hands-on testing (technical, integration, interface, system, regression, and user acceptance testing) for accounting and/or budget ERP Systems. (Advantage ERP package software strongly preferred).
• Minimum 8 years of experience writing test outlines, detailed test case development from requirements and/or design documents for accounting and/or budget ERP Systems.
• Minimum 8 years hands-on testing of complex applications in Mainframe and Web-based environments (e.g., interfaces/ETL, integration code with web services, middleware, etc.).
• Minimum 8 years hands-on testing with industry-standard automated functional test and defect tracking tools (HP ALM, UFT and Clear Quest preferred).
BA in MIS, Computer Science, or related field from a recognized college or university or equivalent work.