Estimated Length: Open ended
PeopleSoft Developer is responsible for the technical design, coding, unit testing, implementation, and performing code review of the development for all the development activities related to PeopleSoft NA Payroll, Garnishments, Absence Management, Compensation, Workforce Administration, Benefits Administration modules. He/she will work as a techno-functional expert with good understanding of HR, Benefits, NA Payroll and Garnishments business processes for developing new applications for PeopleSoft (HCM).
Specific job duties will include:
• Performs technical oversight and assessment of Payroll related application and system development projects to ensure technical integrity and compliance with design requirements;
• Conduct appropriate technical reviews and prepare formal evaluations of all key deliverables and work products associated with the design, coding and build of the application or software configuration including the application architecture, technical specifications, application coding, unit testing, and integration testing;
• Works closely with Technical Lead, coordinate the development work on multiple work units in parallel and be responsible for completion of all the development work activities within the project timelines with competing priorities.
• Must have a minimum of Seven (7) years’ experience in working with multiple versions of PeopleSoft and PeopleTools across HCM modules
• Working experience and understanding of PeopleSoft HCM applications (v 9.2 PUM 33+ with fluid technology) and PeopleSoft Tools (v 8.57)
• Must have Implementation, design and customization experience for PeopleSoft HCM modules such as Payroll NA, Garnishments, Absence Management, Performance Management, Compensation, Talent Acquisition Management, Workforce Administration, Benefits Administration, etc.
• Experience on performing data/code analysis, creation and review of technical designs, and documentation from the functional design, coding, unit testing, and debugging various PeopleSoft HCM modules
• Experience in customizing Microfocus COBOL and stored procedures
• Programming experience using PeopleTools, PeopleCode, Application Package, and Application engine, Workflow, Integration Broker and SQR and Microfocus COBOL.
• Experience in creating/modifying data conversion scripts.
• Must be Proficient with SQL and PS/Query for reviewing, troubleshooting and testing/validating source system data.
• Experience developing complex interfaces into legacy and 3rd party systems
• Strong knowledge of STAT Tool, Oracle, and SQL Server
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills (i.e. analysis, recreation and documenting the impact on the system overall)
• Excellent Communications skills (Oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills
• Knowledge of Report Distribution Tools, such as VISTA Plus, LRS products etc.
• Working with an enterprise wide, large scale implementations
• Experience working within a matrix environment.
• Certified in Oracle
• CA Scheduler Tool
• Experience working with New York City Automated Personnel System (NYCAPS) is preferred
Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or in a Technical/Business Discipline is required.