Estimated Length: 24 months Monday-Friday; 9:00AM-5:00PM
The Client for the Protection of People with Special Needs is seeking proactive candidates with a
background in administrative work with the ability to handle time-sensitive projects and urgent requests. It is preferred that the candidates have a strong background in administrative work. Candidates must be task oriented and have a high attention to detail, as well as the ability to multitask and efficiently work well under demanding time constraints and high demand projects.
Candidates must be able to work independently AND as part of a team to communicate effectively with others. Working knowledge of computer programs/systems must include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
The successful candidate will be reporting directly to the Executive Director of the Client for the
protection of People with Special Needs, the Executive Secretary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Executive Director: managing an active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence regarding sensitive and often confidential matters; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Work closely and effectively with the Executive Director to keep well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately
- Compose, type, and distribute meeting notes, correspondence, and reports.
- Manage office telephone line for Executive Director.
- Accompany and travel with Executive Director to various presentations/meetings throughout NYS.
- Open, read, route, and distribute incoming mail or other materials; answer routine letters; and prepare and mail items.
- Set up and manage paper and electronic filing systems; and use various information technology applications such as email, database, and word processing applications.
- Coordinate internal and external presentations for review.
- Assist in execution of special projects/initiatives.
- Schedule and set up meeting spaces as needed.
- Coordinate technology needs for Executive Director as needed.
- Communicate on behalf of the Executive Director on issues that arise, both internal and external.
- Work with the Executive Director to assist in editing of reports.
- Create, maintain, and enter information into databases.
- Schedule Advisory Council meetings, subcommittee meetings and travel arrangements for Council members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.