Estimated Length: 5 months M-F/8AM-4PM
• Answer telephone calls timely, screen calls, log all client calls, and respond according to the nature and urgency of the caller’s needs, following up with the regional representative or other staff, and keeping all communication with clients confidential; log all client calls
• Maintain a current list of EAP coordinators for use in referrals as well as a back-up list of coordinators
• Ensure that calls are forwarded after business hours, weekends, and at other times, as necessary, according to EAP policy and procedures
• Respond to routine correspondence
• Assist in preparing reports, spreadsheets, other documents, and electronic data files; collect data, format, and enter in the appropriate chart or file. Edit and proofread documents
• Perform routine calculations of statistics such as the total number of client contacts and the average number of client contacts in a given time period as well as the number of training programs and average number of participants in a given time period
• Maintain a follow-up file of all report due dates and ensure reports are produced and sent out in a timely manner
• Duplicate materials and coordinate mass mailings
• Schedule support staff meetings and conference calls, as assigned, write minutes from meeting notes, and once finalized, distribute copies of minutes to attendees
• Respond to coordinator and committee requests for information and EAP resource materials
• Establish and maintain paper and electronic filing systems. Follow EAP guidelines on confidentiality of records and ensure all confidentiality requirements are met. At the direction of EAP staff, thoroughly destroy records that no longer need to be retained.
• Prepare and distribute certificates for coordinators and committee members who transition out of EAP
Regional Offices Training Support:
• Administer the logistical aspects of the EAP training programs that are overseen by the Capital Area, Adirondack, and Mid-Hudson regional representatives.
• Notify the training assistant of any new coordinators in the three regions; forward all new coordinator Acknowledgement of Orientation to the training assistant to identify them as attendees at the next New Coordinator Institute.
• Distribute the training catalogs to all coordinators in the three regions.
• Enroll coordinators for training in the Statewide Learning Management System (SLMS.)
• Monitor training attendance records, update attendance status after each class, and notify the EAP regional representative if a coordinator is not in compliance with training requirements.
• Maintain a record of the trainings and certification programs completed by each EAP coordinator in the assigned regions.
• Forward verification of attendance at EAP Training for Supervisors, management-union orientations, and New Committee Member Orientation to the training director.
• Communicate with trainers; confirm all details of all training commitments, distribute online training links and materials needed according to the Regional Office Checklist.
• Handle all training cancellations.
• Prepare training evaluations and ensure the evaluations are summarized. Bring concerns from the instructors, site contact persons, and participants to the attention of the regional representative for future action.
• Attend training programs and conference calls, when requested by the regional representative.
• Assist the EAP regional representatives in preparing reports for the main office and local agency EAP committees
•High School Diploma required. Associates Degree preferred.
•Customer Service skills and answering/triaging telephone experience required.
•Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint, Webex, and SLM