Estimated Length: 12 months 9:00 am - 5:30 pm (7 1/2 hours/day)(5 days a week/ 37.5 hours a week/est. 1950 hours per year)
The Sr. Program Manager reports to the Acting Director of Program Delivery in the Communications workstream of the Transformation Management office. The role’s primary duties involve managing the engagement of the two vendors contracted and all internal stakeholders across multiple departments to develop one consolidated CCaaS (Contact Center as a Service) and new CRM platform as part of the consolidation of the Communications Function at Client.
The vendors performing the deployment of the platforms will have internally assigned technical project managers that will work with each other to integrate and develop the platforms in accordance with requirements provided in the RFP’s for each project. The Sr. Program Manager will supervise both of these internally assigned project managers and the vendor project teams and make sure all strategic and tactical responsibilities for successful implementation of the project are executed.
The program management consultant will work with a steering committee of subject matter experts and executives that will be responsible for collecting current state information and requirements for future state performance of the new combined systems. The Sr. Program Manager is responsible for the successful implementation of the CCaaS and CRM projects.
The role requires significant understanding of change management principles as 3 customer facing contact centers are being consolidated in addition to the technical delivery of the new platforms. This will require advance planning for handling of employee expectations and training on the new technology. Because TCU and TWU union employees are involved, expertise in managing the design of feature deployment taking into consideration CBA rules will be very important in this role. Adoption of the new technology by staff and supervisors will be critical to the success of the project as is gaining acceptance of the Client’s business transformation strategy.
- Program management of CCaaS and CRM platform implementations.
- Scheduling and task management for project deliverables
- Management of technical project managers and vendor project teams inclusive of making sure requirements for integration between the platforms is coordinated between these teams.
- Work with SME’s and agency knowledge experts to translate requirements into deliverables for the vendor and project resources
- Utilize change management skills to work with agency leads, training teams and user groups to get quick adoption of new system capabilities and methods of use in the CCaaS/CRM work environment
- Work with Labor Relations to assess impact of consolidation and understand what features of the new platforms can be deployed among specific work groups based on union rules and limitations. Work with labor relations teams to incorporate best practices and skills enhancement to take advantage of platform capabilities.
- Work with Acting Director of Program Delivery and Executive Team to resolve problems and develop solutions to roadblocks during engagement.
- Plan appropriate training efforts with vendors to maximize capability of the new technology platforms while making sure the platforms are setup to accommodate CBA requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Fluent in development of customer facing technology platforms such as Contact Center, CRM and helpdesk service systems.
- Ability to efficiently manage project schedules for advanced communication systems implementations for timelines up to 1 year.
- Ability to ensure that project requirements are scoped and accounted for early and often in the initial stages of project development to prevent backtracking and project changes later in the program cycle.
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others toward a common vision or goal
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with all internal levels within a given organization, including the Client Board.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact well with Agency leads that may have concerns about workstream standardization and how it may affect communication with customers through the new platforms
- Demonstrated ability to work in a high profile, high-pressure environment effectively. Ability to work with internal labor relations representatives and union reps to work through CBA issues and suggested changes to employee workflows that management requires when using more advanced technology solutions for customer communications.
- Demonstrated analytical capabilities and quantitative skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business, Public Policy or a related field from an accredited college.
- Minimum 10 years related experience in high level consulting engagements with project management acumen
- Experience with transformation-oriented projects that involve consolidation of resources and implementation of technology to make the business environment lean and efficient.
- Experience working with experts and executive-level leadership to provide best-in-class project and process results.
- Experience applying change management skill sets to a resource consolidation environment with represented employees.
- PMP and or Lean Six Sigma Certifications are a plus.