Estimated Length: 12 months 35 hrs per week
Critical Key requirements
• A minimum of 5-10 years GIS Analyst/Specialist experience
• A minimum 2-3 years working experience with Railroad business
• Minimum 5 years hands-on experience of experience in supporting ESRI GIS software, Portal of ArcGIS, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Desktop
Assist with the creation, modification, and quality control of geospatial data for company wide use.
• Work with other groups and departments in a collaborative manner to help develop efficient workflows which fully utilize and properly reflect the technical skill sets while aligning with the Enterprise GIS goals.
• Recent, related experience (approximately 0 - 3 years) in planning/analysis and GIS, preferably in transportation operations.
• Must possess excellent computer skills to include working knowledge of GIS/GPS, ESRI ArcGIS software, database management system, Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), PowerBI, with ability to prepare spreadsheets, presentations and reports.
• Must be familiar with personal and SDE geodatabases, construct and manage linear referencing systems, data creating and editing, perform geoprocessing and other spatial analyses, cartographic production, and integrate GIS data with external databases.
• Experience integrating and interfacing ESRI with existing enterprise systems
• Provides references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation; training users
• Prepares technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
• Develop and maintain technical and standard documentation for program development activity in a timely and high-quality manner
• Maintains system protocols by writing and updating procedures
RISKS (required by client Risk Management)
• Describe the type of work consultant: Desk work only
• whether any work will be performed within 50 feet of track right-of-way (yes or no) NO
• Whether the work may involve areas with environmental risks (lead, asbestos) -- substantial or minimal (yes or no). NO
DELIVERABLES & DUE DATES
1. GIS data management
2. Develop ArcGIS Portal applications
QUALIFICATIONS EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
• Minimum 7-9 years as GIS Analyst with focus on creation and presentation of map-based analytics
• Minimum 5 years hands-on experience in supporting ESRI GIS software, AGOL/Portal of ArcGIS, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Desktop
• Minimum of 2-3 years’ working knowledge in Railroad and/or Bus operation
• Minimum of 2-3 years’ hands-on experience with EAM (Enterprise Asset Management)
• Ability to modify/adapt systems, applications, and programs to meet business requirements.
• Understanding of complex relational database organization, design, and functionality
• Experience in desktop / mobile computer support and troubleshooting software related problems
• Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skill in relating technical information to non-technical personnel
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute in a high-pressure environment
• Ability to independently set priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment; a self-starter
• Excellent inter-personal skills including the ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization