Estimated Length: Open Ended
The Client has a vacancy for a Configuration Management Technician to ensure that all mainframe migrations are implemented in the proper environment(s) and follow agency procedures. The target systems are PMS and PPMS.
This Position involves:
• Using the ClearQuest Change Management software package to perform the migration of production mainframe objects
• The migration of mainframe objects to the various test environments
• Post production migrations to the test environments to backfill the test environments with the latest versions of code and related objects
• Compiling, Linking, and binding COBOL programs in all test envrionments
• Verifying that Applications teams have properly documented their requests.
• Delivering to Tech Support all elements of the migrations with specific instructions included.
• Participate in Supporting Disaster Recovery Tasks and documenting any issues that arise.
The Client has a vacancy for a Configuration Management Technician to ensure that all mainframe migrations are implemented in the proper environment(s) and follow agency procedures. The target systems are PMS and PPMS, the City's payroll and pension payroll applications. Using the ClearQuest change management software package as a guide for determining priorities, and the version control product ClearCase, it is the responsibility of the CM technician to identify potential discrepancies between what has been specified in the CQ document and the version control software in ClearCase. Tasks include: verifying that Applications teams have properly documented their request in ClearQuest and that delivered components are accurate and complete; deploying mainframe software (IMS PSB/MFS, DB2, JCL, COBOL programs) to various testing environments; coordinating complex migrations with other teams including Applications, Testing and DBA; communicating with and delivering to Tech Support all elements to be migrated with specific instructions to be performed during the production migration (GDGs, scheduling changes, etc.); assisting the Systems areas with tool upgrades and granting of Rational access to Client staff; preparing for and participating in Disaster Recovery drills.
• Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills.
• Experience compiling, linking and binding COBOL programs.
• Experience with Rational ClearQuest and ClearCase.
• Experience using TSO/ISPF.
• Proficiency with JCL.
• Strong understanding of standard system development life cycle methodologies.
• Familiarity with MS-Word and Excel.
• Knowledge of DB2, IMS DB/DC.
• Experience with PeopleSoft is a plus.
• Experience with UNIX is a plus.
• Experience working in Configuration Management with mainframe or midrange computer
A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college including or supplemented by 24 semester credits in computer science or a related computer field and one year of satisfactory full-time computer software experience in computer systems development and analysis.