Estimated Length: Open ended
Client supports and maintains the financial and payroll systems of the City of New York. The City’s Financial Management System (FMS) is based on CGI’s ERP package, Advantage Financial. FMS is a Java based multi-tiered distributed application platform, using IBM z/OS, AIX, Oracle database and WebSphere middleware. The Director of Application Administration will report to the Assistant Executive Director of Financial Systems Operations Support. The individual will have responsibility for two major operational functions in the financial management systems team:
• Application administration
• Business support
Application administration responsibilities include requirements gathering, design / review, testing, and promotion of changes to application control tables. In the FMS application, many control tables are centrally maintained due to the need to handle the configuration in accordance with strict change management procedures. Changes to these tables are made in conjunction with: Standard business requests from authorized users; Scheduled software releases; Periodic business events (e.g., monthly or year-end close activities); Emergency patching in the nightly batch cycle; Setup of table / resource application auditing; and Design / prototyping sessions in certain non-production test environments where change procedures mirror production.
The candidate will be expected to:
• Perform data analysis on underlying DB2 or Oracle data stores for the preparation and quality control of changes through the use of data querying tools (e.g., Crystal reports, MS Access, SQL developer, etc).
• Propose process improvements where manual procedures can replaced with automation. To this end, the candidate will be expected to work with (or design) Excel templates/macros that create XML files – with the goal of automated promotion of changes to the financial system (test and production instances).
• Create process documentation for new requests that do not fit existing models; Provide periodic reports on all changes processed; and route changes as required to Assistant Executive Director – Operations for final review.
The candidate must versed in the audit requirements of an enterprise wide financial management system.
Typical experience will have been gained through audit response (or administration), training, etc.
Activities performed by the candidate are subject to yearly audit and the candidate will be expected to apply changes that have been appropriately approved with backing documentation available in Client change management systems.
• Working knowledge of basic accounting principles and practices.
• Deep knowledge of IT change management discipline and procedures and principals of IT audits
• Proficiency with MS Access; MS Excel; and other Microsoft tools such as Word, PowerPoint, and Visio.
• Excellent oral and written communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction and under pressure with tight deadlines.
• Good work task organizational skills and detailed follow-through skills are required to monitor and report on the status of tasks.
• Exercise good judgment and maintain the confidentiality and security of sensitive or confidential
• Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and adjust to changes quickly while meeting all deadlines
• Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution in accounting, finance, management, information systems or related field
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) preferred – but not required.
• Experience with internal IT auditing and control processes and administering or responding to at least 2- 3 substantive IT or Financial audits.
• Experience with accounting and budgeting software and business processes.
• Experience with some or all of the following: ERP solutions in accounting, budgeting or procurement
Minimum Qualification Requirements
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in computer science, engineering, human computer interaction, interactive media, digital and graphics design, data visualization, communication or a related field, and four years of satisfactory full-time experience related to the area(s) required by the particular position and a specialization in a relevant technology, process, methodology and/or domain; or
2. An associate degree from an accredited college in computer science, engineering, human computer interaction, interactive media, digital and graphics design, data visualization, communication or a related field, and six years of satisfactory full-time experience related to the area(s) required by the particular position and a specialization in a relevant technology, process, methodology and/or domain; or
3. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college, and eight years of satisfactory full-time experience related to the area(s) required by the particular position and a specialization in a relevant technology, process, methodology and/or domain; or
4. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1", "2", or "3" above.