Estimated Length:6 months 37.4 hrs
Client IT is launching a project to organize and streamline the flow of information for projects, tasks and priorities between clients (Agencies & HQ functions) and developer groups. The project is seeking a consultant for the role outlined below. The consultant will co-report to two Deputy Chiefs: DC of Agency Relationship Management, and DC of Intelligent Transportation Systems.
The project is titled “Developer-Agency Visibility”. The goals of the project are to:
- Create bi-directional visibility and streamline decision making
- Manage scheduling and priority risk for units of IT work
- Increase IT priorities being in compliance with Business Unit and Agency priorities
- Enable Client Business Units to define project and task priorities in a manner that can effectively inform the developer groups and creates necessary visibility.
- Enable developer groups to track tasks in a manner that creates visibility to Client Business Units to inform priorities, proposed priority changes, resource capacity and resource new needs.
- Enable the above 2 points by: seamlessly and fully link the work documented in ServiceNow (SN) to the tasks managed in the development groups and at the individual contributor level
Consultants will perform the following duties:
- Structure a developer tracking tool that maintains the developer side of the information link
- Structure an SN tool that maintains the client side of the information link, including building reports and/or dashboards
- Manage, enable, and assist developer groups to build out their tracking tools
- Assist developers by backfilling SN transactions where necessary
- Manage, enable and assist ARM’s to build out the Agency side of the information link
- Begin with one pilot development group
- Continue rolling out to all appropriate development groups. For this, coordinate with management to choose and schedule dev groups.
- As each developer group goes live in the system, monitor the system for a period of 2-4 weeks, until stable
- Operate the “rollups” on both the developer and agency side until the last dev group is live, and then handed off to a designated internal resource
- Develop and pilot a documented operational plan for all stakeholders
- Manage and report progress, schedules, risks and associated remediation plans to the Deputy Chiefs
- Developer tracking tool template
- Client-side tool for defining priorities
- Workflow and use cases for both sides – developers and clients.
- Full documentation of use cases for transactions across the system, including inventory, workflow and operational plan.
- Operational plan – pilot
- Operational plan – full
- Combined view of multiple developer tracking tools.
- Pilot successfully implemented with lessons learned documented.
- Risk assessment for the system post-go-live
- Additional developer groups implemented successfully, as requested
- Periodic status reports, including schedules, risks and associated remediation plans
- Operational tasks performed by consultant(s) handed off to internal resource(s)
“Success” is defined to be:
o Client priorities are successfully and easily visible to developer group(s)
o Developer priorities and load are successfully and easily visible to client(s)
o New work, completed work and priority changes are successfully and easily communicated, visible to all parties, ad actionable
Additional Skills and Information:
- Executive-level communication for both the IT and business side
- Executive-level management consulting for both the IT and business side
- Program and project management
- Detail-oriented workflow, process, analytical and analysis skills
- Development methodologies and structuring management & workflow processes around them in scale
- Change management
- Managing risk project risk and compliance
- IT business experience to operate the processes for a period of time
- Knowledge and experience with Client-IT processes
- Knowledge and experience with ServiceNow or similar platforms