Estimated Length: 12 Months Work hours:37.50 Est. OT Hrs/Wk:
*PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POSITION WILL ALLOW FOR WORK TO BE PERFORMED REMOTELY. HOWEVER, CONSULTANT MAY BE REQUIRED TO WORK ON PREMISE AS RETURN-TO-OFFICE HAS RESUMED. QUALIFIED CANDIDATES SHOULD BE MADE AWARE OF THIS BEFORE APPLYING.
1. Support Organizational Change Management (OCM), ensuring that employees are informed, engaged, and aligned with the Client IT Product Transformation (PT). Target groups include:
a. IT employees whose job functions will be changing, are in the process of changing or have already changed
b. Other IT employees whose job functions may not be significantly changing
c. Client employees outside of IT
i. Executives and Key Stakeholders
ii. Other Client employees
2. This role will directly support the Agile Transformation Office (ATO) -- which is responsible for orchestrating, enabling, mobilizing, managing, and supporting the Product Transformation -- to plan, facilitate and reinforce organizational change.
3. The consultant will be a member of the Client IT Communications unit and report to the Director of IT Communications, providing consistency around strategy, style, tone, use of approved communications channels, and coordination with Client Corporate Communications.
4. This role will be matrixed and dedicated to the Agile Transformation Office (ATO) Director who will provide direction and set priorities for work assignments in support of the IT Product Transformation. Typically, this position will be working on backlog work aligned to Product Transformation within the ATO. The ATO Director and PT leadership will also provide input and approval of the overall strategy, timing of communications, and channel/approaches aligned and coordinated with IT Communications and Client Corporate Communications, as necessary.
5. Responsible for the development of effective communications related to the IT Product Transformation to both technical and non-technical audiences with different concerns and perspectives.
6. Fluidly leverage existing and new communication channels including email, Slack channels or other employee conversation channels, Intranet, Newsletters, Print materials, Digital signage including Client TV, Leadership messages, including blogs, emails and other content, Manager communications (including face-to-face meetings), Infographics, Videos and Podcasts, training materials, checklists, presentations, educational conversation starters, and posters/flyers.
7. Develop communications and distribute in a variety of formats.
8. Support the creation and distribution of messages through how-to videos, graphics, and other broadcast channels.
9. Curate, edit, and proof written content for communications to the target groups. While the role does require prior expertise in Agile Organizational Change or Product Transformation, the consultant will need to quickly become familiar with existing and new relevant content in various formats.
10. Responsible for graphic design of visual communications.
11. Responsible for creating podcasts and videos including selecting concepts, developing scripts, prepping the presenters, managing the review and approval process, and final issuance.
12. Support live meetings, webinars, and training events in person and hybrid format (some participants on-premises while others are remote).
13. Participate in the launch and evolution of Product Transformation branding.
1. College degree with specialty in writing and communications. Graduate degree in Communications, Public Administration or Business preferred.
2. Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to understand complex cross-functional business processes. Prior experience with communicating complex technology topics to non-technical audience.
3. Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
4. High proficiency in communications technology and platforms including Teams, Slack, and Zoom and Social Media.
5. High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio.
6. Must be organized, innovative, creative, and adaptable. Able to prioritize and escalate appropriately. Able to work independently with light supervision, delivering on-time results.
7. Ability to produce work products that are non-technical and engaging.
8. Proficiency with creating, scripting, editing, subtitling, supervising, and posting podcasts and videos.
9. Candidate must provide samples demonstrating their prior experience with OCM communications.
10. Ability to lead and manage teams as well as collaborate and contribute to teams led by others.
11. Agile experience or training preferred but not required (e.g., Certified Scrum Master).
12. Prior experience in public sector work preferred.