Estimated Length: 6 Months Work hours:37.50 Est. OT Hrs/Wk:
• THIS IS AN ‘HR RECRUITER’ ROLE (not IT-related).
*PLEASE NOTE THIS POSITION WILL ALLOW CONSULTANT TO WORK REMOTELY. HOWEVER, CONSULTANT WILL BE REQUIRED TO COME ONSITE AS NEEDED BY THEIR MANAGER/TEAM (AT THEIR OWN EXPENSE).
We are hiring motivated and energetic Talent Acquisition Specialist/Recruiter Consultant professionals to join our team. If you're excited to be part of a winning team, Client is a great place to grow your career. You'll be glad you applied. As a member of the team, you will research, develop, and implement effective recruiting and staffing strategies to attract a diverse pool of qualified and capable talent for the organization.
Participates in the recruitment process to fill IT vacancies that are located across all agencies within the Client. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to, utilizing job descriptions to develop job postings; collaborating with hiring managers to identify recruitment needs; screening applicants; qualifying resumes; participating in interview panels: and performing all functions related to the onboarding process.
• Consult with leaders, hiring managers and the Talent Acquisition team on position descriptions, requisition
creation, compensation and sourcing strategies.
• Collaborate with the hiring manager and/or other human resources staff during the offer process, identifying
and recommending salary ranges, incentives, start dates, and other pertinent details.
• Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
• Continuously develop networks/partnerships to actively build database/pipeline of candidates.
• Identify and implement efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the available role,
industry standards, and the needs of the organization.
• Recruit and perform talent acquisition activities such as resume & phone screens, candidate
Interviews recommend final selection of applicants and close out the recruitment effort.
• Schedule interviews; oversee preparation of interview questions and other hiring and selection materials.
• Assist with the interview process, attending and conducting interviews with managers, directors, and other
• Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies.
• Coordinate background checks & references screenings
• Place and update all job postings in various Medias including internet/intranet sites,
colleges, social networks, community boards and staffing partners.
• Search for potential candidates using hiring databases and social media
• Represent the company at recruiting events (i.e., college job fairs), providing company/job
information and interviewing applicants.
• Communicate with managers and employees regularly to promote internal opportunities.
• Create offer letters, maintain applicant tracking system, recruiting reports and other staffing
administration functions as needed.
• Respond timely to internal and external applicant situations, and applicant requests as
• Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting
• Create proposed salary worksheets.
• Assist in creating new positions and ensuring accuracy in HR reports.
• Review HRIS data to ensure accuracy and generate ad hoc queries to ensure data integrity.
• Create new job codes as needed.
• Run queries as needed.
• Assist with maintenance of personnel files.
• Perform other duties as required to function as an integral member of Human Resources in
accomplishing overall department goals and objectives.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to interact with all levels of management
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality and exercise tactful judgement when interacting with both
internal and external clients
• Must have ability to work as part of a team
• Must have strong organizational skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
• Proficiency in PeopleSoft required
• Excellent interpersonal skills with good negotiation tactics.
• Ability to create and implement sourcing strategies for recruitment for a variety of roles.
• Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment.
• Knowledge and understanding of recruiting and sourcing techniques
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree and 4 years of Human Resources experience in Recruitment or related field, or equivalent work experience, required.
• At least five years managing all phases of the recruitment and hiring process highly preferred.
• SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred.
• SHRMs Talent Acquisition Specialty Credential a plus.