Estimated Length: Open Ended
Client has a vacancy for Peoplesoft Functional/ Integration Tester to
support ongoing production maintenance and system enhancements of the HR, Benefits and Payroll functions. Under the direction of the Manager, the Peoplesoft Functional/ Integration Tester shall have the primary responsibility of ensuring the quality of the software and any associated custom development to meet the City’s functional and technical requirements and enable Client to operate and maintain the software application in a cost effective manner after the implementation.This person should have working knowledge of the following modules PeopleSoft HR,Payroll, Benefits, eHire (TAM and Candidate Gateway), eProfile, ePerformance, Employee Profiles (Accomplishments),NA Payroll(Garnishments) and Global Payroll / Absence Management.
• Develop and maintain formal test cases for specific releases based on the business requirements
and technical specifications;
• Execute test scripts/cases for releases or on-going maintenance and record test results in ALM /
Quality Center (QC);
• Report defects in ALM / Quality Center (QC), provide development team with necessary defect
documentation, re-test fixes and record results;
• Perform data mining to ensure proper test population coverage for test cases;
• Assume responsibility for timely test cases completion to achieve targeted system cycles dates ;
• Timely reporting of all critical milestones and slipping deadlines to the Testing Lead;
• Work on multiple projects and ability to shift the effort based on the timelines established;
• Conducting peer reviews prior to test execution (i.e., proper test cases coverage, test cases
• Working with developers and system analysts on resolving any open questions while working on
test cases preparation;
• Working with automation team on debugging automation scripts.
• Extensive PeopleSoft 8.x/9.x (v. 9.2 is plus) testing experience in PeopleSoft HR ,Benefits,NA
Payroll(Garnishments) and Global Payroll/ Absence Management.
• Experience in creating test cases for HR, Payroll, and/or Benefits modules, should have five (5)
full-lifecycle PeopleSoft HR and/or Payroll and/or Ben Admin implementation and PUM upgrade
and people tools experience.
• Working knowledge of app messaging (integration broker) is a must.
• Extensive knowledge of different types of Garnishments like Creditor, Federal Debt. NY State
Tax Levy, Student Loan, Bankruptcy, IRS Tax Levy, and Child Support.
• Experience with PeopleCode, SQR, SQL, App Designer, Toad.
• Extensive experience in Manual Functional Testing such as creating test plan, building and
executing manual test scripts.
• Experience using ALM / Quality Center (QC) for creating, executing test cases and tracking
• Knowledge of PeopleSoft HCM Database model.
• Proficiency running back-end/database queries for data set-up and verification (DB2 and Oracle)
• Experience in developing and maintaining automated HP Quick Test Pro (QTP) scripts using
Keyword Driven Framework and Descriptive programming is a plus.
• Experience working with PeopleSoft Implementations in a government or civil service
• Experience working with an enterprise wide, large-scale implementation.
• Excellent Communications skills (Oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills are
Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or in a Technical/Business Discipline is