Estimated Length: 12 Months Work hours:37.50 Est. OT Hrs/Wk:
1) Assist the PMO office with overall Business and System Analysis for technology related initiatives supporting Client IT East Side Access that include:
a. Working knowledge of data center environments in one or more of the core operating technologies: server, storage, network, database mgmt, system mgmt, DR/BCP best practices) – strong “end to end” understanding of data center operations
b. Experience and understanding of Networks (WAN, LAN, Wireless, etc.), IPT, Mobility and other technical shared service areas
c. Experience and understanding of Active Directory, Exchange email, DNS, etc.
d. Previous experience with large scale deployment and migration of technology services across a large Enterprise
e. Perform analysis of business processes, business and system requirements and system design for the development and configuration of software applications that support Client business requirements
f. Held accountable and responsible delivering systems development solutions from project initiation to project closure
g. Manage a matrixed project team consisting of Business Analyst, Programmers and/or Technical staff for the project duration
h. Lead, coordinate and facilitate meetings to review project status with core project team members, key stakeholders and corporate leadership team members.
i. Prepare project status reports and other presentation materials for upper management (CIO, VP, President, etc.). Effectively communicate project status and expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
j. Develop and track progress against detailed project plans including schedules, technical and business requirements, cost estimates, resources plans, communication plans, risk mitigation plans, issues resolution and capacity planning. Act proactively to maintain progress and minimize risk. Maintain effective project controls.
k. Operate as a critical liaison between various disciplines within the Client IT Department and external entities including technology consultants, technology equipment vendors and space planning architects.
l. Create and execute project charter, work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
m. Maintain open and timely communication with supervisors, managers and working groups involved in the projects.
n. Prepare and submit cost estimates, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
o. Manage project financials tracking budget to actuals
2) Adhere to a Standard Project Development Life Cycle approach
a. Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business requirements in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
b. Create detailed project work breakdown structure (WBS) that organizes and defines project work scope, identifies project tasks, dependencies, resource requirements, costs, critical path activity, risks and risk mitigation strategies.
c. Manage and maintain Project Plans to track all tasks and deliverables and publish status reports, executive briefings, meeting minutes and other collaboration tools to effectively communicate project activity.
d. Work with Core project team to assist in the development of test plans for new applications and oversee unit testing and system testing to ensure the delivery of functional, low-error systems and solve critical business problems.
e. Develop and support critical project documentation throughout the project life cycle, from Initiation and Requirements stages through Design, Development, Test, Implementation and Closeout. This includes but is not limited to As-Is and To-Be process flows, Requirements Documentation, Test Plans, Implementation Plan, User Manuals, Training Materials, Transition Documentation, etc.
f. Support system integration testing, UAT, and implementation cutover testing
g. Proactively manage changes in project scope, schedule, and budget.
h. Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately per PMO guidelines.
i. Adhere and comply with Client IT PMO framework and enforces quality control and project standards.
j. Proactively manage potential and risks, and define contingency and mitigation strategies.
DELIVERABLES & DUE DATES
• Estimated duration of services is 12 months
• Work to commence as soon as possible
• Client HQ Observed Holidays will be non-working days (unpaid)
• Client may decide to exercise furlough at any given time due to project changes or project down time. If and when Client exercise a furlough period this will be unpaid time. Typical furlough period is during the last 2 weeks of December.
• Workday is M-F, 9:00 to 5:30pm, including 1-hour unpaid lunch period
• Work will be performed on-premises at 2 Broadway/ BSC – 333 West 34th Street
o Project Plans including work-breakdown structures developed in Microsoft Project Professional software
o Project Status Reports
o Risk/Issues Log
o Action Item Logs
o Project Financial Reports
Project Management plans including but not limited to detailing:
1. Business Process Flows
3. Test Plans
4. Test Cases/Scenarios
5. Action Item Logs
6. Risk Matrices
7. Status Report
Additional Skills and Information:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Infrastructure and Security Project Management role
- Experience in a core data center and shared service technology area required
- Deep understanding of network topology, design and implementation/migration experience
- Experience with various networking protocols including TCP/IP, IPSEC, DNS, etc.
- Experience with Cisco technologies (Switches, Routers, etc.)
- Undergraduate degree in related field required
- 10+ years of related work experience including 4+ years of technology project management experience
- Some experience as a direct line manager preferred
- PMP certification preferred
- CCNA or CCNP preferred
- Detailed understanding of, and experience with, ITIL processes
- Excellent oral, written, presentation, and communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 2013 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency with Microsoft SharePoint version 2010 or higher
- Familiarity with Microsoft Project version 2010 or higher
- Proficiency with Microsoft Visio for