Estimated Length: Open Ended
The primary roles of the Integration/System Test Lead include: developing test plans that ensure appropriate software functions, features and scenarios are exercised for each new application/ release; driving test development and execution to meet the project objectives for each new software application/release; testing code fixes and change requests after the software moves into production including regression testing as appropriate; and establishing a manual and automation testing framework that promotes a repeatable, quality-driven test process for all phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Lifecycle (STLC).
Under the direction of the FMS/3 Testing Manager, the Test Lead will:
• Develop and implement formal test plans for specific releases;
• Develop and/or assist the test engineers in developing manual and automation functional test scripts and cases for releases.
• Define, and/or assist the test engineer in defining of data /system set-up requirements for releases.
• Conduct quality reviews during test development (i.e., test cases cover requirements and meet standards for format and content);
• Manage the assigned testing efforts from a project management perspective (prepare status reports, maintain and update metrics, maintain and update the test plan, access risk, and implement corrective action to keep the testing effort on track);
• Coordinate, schedule and/or perform technical staff duties as needed (e.g., access/security set-up, application configurations of Web Services, IBM MQ Manager, running unix batch jobs, etc.);
• Develop and prepare XML and/or JASON file template for FMS Test Engineers and project.
• Develop complex SQL query code and/or assist test engineers to develop and execute.
• Conduct quality reviews during test execution (i.e., test cases properly executed and documented, failed cases documented and retested appropriately)
• Demonstrate to Client, FMS/3 Project, and Client Management that programs are ready for User Acceptance Testing (i.e., meet user requirements, conform to functional designs/technical specifications, and are free of material defects).
• Design, Develop and modify VB Scripting framework using UFT tool for an application.
• Distribute assignments to a group of assigned testers
• Monitor the status of tester assignments and manage resources accordingly to ensure that project milestones are met
• Review the work product of team members to ensure that appropriate coverage of business cases, Web Services technical cases and to ensure that adequate documentation exists for completed tests.
The Test Lead will also work with the FMS/3 Project Manager to establish and maintain an overall testing framework for FMS/3. In this capacity, the tester will:
• Perform quality reviews of the vendor’s proposed software business design, technical framework design and testing strategies and high level test plans;
• Review the vendor’s package and integration test results and build/adjust City test plans accordingly;
• Recommend appropriate quality assurance/testing roles for the City in every testing stage including unit, integration, functional, system, application/infrastructure security, and user acceptance testing;
• Structure FMS/3 and Web Services test processes, test tools, and testing work products by:
• Implementing automated test tools,
• Developing/updating standardized formats for testing work products such as test plans, scripts, and cases,
• Establishing appropriate test environments.
Required Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
• Hands-on, in-depth knowledge of software quality assurance/testing methodology and practices.
• Strong understanding of standard SDLC and STLC methodologies.
• Hands-on experience performing system testing on complex data interfaces for ERP systems.
• Hands on experience in VB Scripting
• Hands-on experience performing system testing for accounting and budgeting functions (e.g., financial management ERP functionality).
• Hands on experience developing complex SQL query. (DB2 for MF and Oracle for java application)
• Proficiency running back-end/database queries for data set-up and verification (DB2 on MF and Oracle on the Web-side).
• Proficiency running batch/jobs (MF using JCL and for UNIX using UNIX scripts).
• Proficiency analyzing and understating of batch/jobs (JCL and for UNIX shell scripts).
• Excellent English language written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team.
• Self-motivated with ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to plan and manage time based on schedules.
• Problem solving skills.
• Flexibility to work overtime or weekends in order to meet target dates
• Minimum 8 years’ experience leading / supervising a system test team of a minimum of 10 testers.
• Minimum 8 years of hands-on testing (technical, integration, interface, system, regression, and user acceptance testing) for accounting and/or budget ERP Systems. (Advantage ERP package software strongly preferred)
• Minimum 8 years of experience writing test outlines, detailed test case development from requirements and/or design documents for accounting and/or budget ERP Systems.
• Minimum 8 years hands-on testing of complex applications in Mainframe and Web-based environments (e.g., interfaces/ETL’s, integration code, middleware, etc.).
• Minimum 5 years hands-on testing with industry-standard automated functional test and defect tracking tools (IBM’s Rational tools & HP/Quality center preferred).
BA in MIS, Computer Science, or related field from a recognized college or university or equivalent work experience.