Estimated Length: 12 Months Work hours:37.50 Est. OT Hrs/Wk:
*PLEASE NOTE THIS POSITION WILL ALLOW CONSULTANT TO WORK REMOTE BUT CONSULTANT MUST BE LOCAL TO US TIMEZONE.
The QAC role is to provide project management oversight and independent validation and verification for the scope of work outlined :
In this Statement of Work, the term "Client" refers to the Client and to each of its agencies, except as otherwise stated or implied in context.
Overall, the deliverables and services the QAC will be responsible for providing are as follows:
1. Project Management (“PM”) Oversight Services
a) Review and Evaluation of Project Requirements - QAC personnel assigned to the project shall familiarize themselves with and review the requirements for the Upgrade Project overall and as to the individual components to a sufficient level of comprehension and detail to enable the QAC to properly understand and evaluate the Upgrade Project and perform the QAC's responsibilities in accordance with best industry practices for Quality Assurance for a comparable project. Familiarization and review shall include:
i. Client's plans and procedures for the project including upgrade methodologies and documents, standards, current and future staffing and management plans for the Project Team to support the agencies, standards and procedures, and all other requirements applicable and standards to the Client PeopleSoft ERP Upgrade Project.
ii. The QAC's submission for Client’s approval of a detailed plan for the QAC's role and performance of its responsibilities.
iii. The statement of work and scope awarded to the vendor/upgrade contractor for upgrade of Peoplesoft environment and enablement of new features as outlined in the SOW
iv. Evaluate infrastructure dependencies and proposed alternatives to upgrade existing infrastructure or move to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI)
v. The QAC's due diligence to identify any additional information or need to clarify, reconcile, correct or question i, ii or iii above or otherwise, that the QAC needs in order to properly understand Client's requirements and expectations and how the Upgrade Contractor plans to meet those requirements and expectations, and to identify and bridge any gaps in understanding and expectations between Client and the Upgrade Contractor, and to otherwise perform its responsibilities.
b) On a day-to-day, full-time basis the QAC, on a peer-to-peer basis, will advise and assist the upgrade project manager and/or project team to perform all project management responsibilities in accordance with best industry practices.
c) Develop as necessary, implement, administer and manage project management monitoring tools and methodologies, based on industry best practices.
d) Timely raise awareness to the Client HQ Project Manager (“HQ PM”) and the Project team of any potential or actual Upgrade Project issues that could potentially cause technical, schedule or cost problems, a change in scope or a delay. If the QAC believes an issue warrants escalation to the Project Steering Committee, he/she shall make the escalation recommendation to the HQ PM who will make the determination.
e) When a conflict arises, the QAC will escalate to the Project Lead sponsors as needed for direction.
2. Quality Control and Assurance Services
In the context of Client's major long-term commitment to the success of the Client PeopleSoft ERP system, including the goals of improving efficiency and effectiveness and reducing costs, provide an independent best practices assessment of the organization, staffing, design, development, business and system functionality, and controls of the Project Team overall and its individual components as it relates to and including the ERP Suite Modules scheduled for upgrade as part of the Upgrade Project. The QAC will, in an open and frank manner, advise and assist the Project team in the identification, establishment, implementation, and compliance with the requirements for this project such as, but not limited to, (PMI) PMBOK, COBIT, SEI/CMMI, and ISO standards, applicable Federal, State and Client requirements, and best industry practices.
The Client PeopleSoft Upgrade Project deliverables for which the QAC will have quality control responsibilities, includes, but is not limited to, installation, construction, retrofits and deployment, configuration and interface retrofits and development, system testing, project management, training and change management.
The responsibilities of the QAC include but are not limited to:
1) Design/Review and implement an Client approved Project Plan and staffing plan that sets forth in detail how the QAC will deliver services that will provide assurance to the Client that the Upgrade Project is being delivered timely, within budget and in accordance with the Client's requirements for the Project.
2) Review the Upgrade Contractor’s proposal as submitted or negotiated and project plan.
3) Perform and update a risk assessment, and document and monitor Project progress and the risks, problems and issues, and identify and recommend solutions and mitigation strategies.
4) Establish, implement and document processes for scheduling the Project and for the review and approval of all Project Deliverables (including identifying and documenting scheduling and Deliverable deficiencies and making recommendations to remedy deficiencies).
5) Evaluate all design activities and ensure that the designs meet the functional and technical requirements, validate that all proposed decommissioning of customizations and business process changes will result in PeopleSoft 9.2 functionality that meets or exceeds the functionality of the legacy customizations and allows the Client agencies to meet their business requirements and objectives; take into account process standardization across agencies where it makes strategic sense to the Client.
6) Perform sign-off role and management of, all aspects of Upgrade Project deliverables and acceptance testing; including but not limited to, creation of test scripts, test plans and reports on the results.
7) Conduct Pre/Post Production upgrade / cutover reviews and make recommendations regarding the overall Project and incrementally as appropriate, to include, training, project exit meetings, and Project Wrap-Up Reports that include “Lessons Learned”.
8) Evaluate Client Agency enhancement requests and/or any change orders to this project for accuracy and alignment with project goals