Estimated Length: 12 Months Work hours:40.00 Est. OT Hrs/Wk:
*PLEASE NOTE THIS POSITION WILL ALLOW CONSULTANT TO WORK ON A HYBRID REMOTE SCHEDULE (3 DAYS ONSITE/2 DAYS REMOTE) UPON START.
SUMMARY OF THE FUNCTION/ROLE:
This requisition is for IT Engineering Consultant to augment existing staff in the areas of Cyber Security, desktop engineering and infrastructure engineering. This role is vital to fill the internal skill gap and improve existing Client-IT existing SCCM current branch, Intune , Windows Virtual Desktop, AD, Citrix, Application packaging, OS Imaging, Office Productivity tools and other related on-prem and cloud technologies to the state of good repair and beyond, into the next five years.
Microsoft Intune is a Microsoft cloud-based management solution that provides for mobile device and operating system management. It aims to provide Unified Endpoint Management of both corporate and BYOD equipment in a way that protects corporate data
System Center Configuration Manager, SCCM is a software management suite provided by Microsoft which allows users to manage Windows based computers. SCCM features remote control, patch management, operating system deployment, network protection and other various services.
Windows Virtual Desktop is a Microsoft Azure-based system for virtualizing its Windows operating systems, providing virtualized desktops and applications in the cloud. It is aimed at enterprise customers rather than at individual users
a. Back-end Infrastructure Management
b. Azure/Intune/Active Directory / SCCM Related Management
c. WSUS Administration
d. Group Policy Management
f. Cloud Technologies; Azure, AWS
g. Troubleshooting (Server, DB, Client, etc. issues)
h. MSIX Packaging
i. Creation and Administration of SCCM and Intune Dashboard Power BI
j. Windows Virtual Desktop creation and Administration
k. New/Future Technologies and Enhancements (Other System Center Products, SCOM, Power Management, Cloud, etc.)
l. Server Patching
m. Desktop Patching
n. AV Support and Updates
o. Review and Test All Patches (Staging/Prod)
p. Manage third party Patch Management
q. Deployments/State – Reporting
r. SCCM client Remediation
QUALIFICATIONS EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
• 6+ years of consulting experience designing and delivering Microsoft infrastructure solutions.
• Expert in configuring and managing Intune/ auto pilot for hybrid domain joined systems.
• Managing, deploying, and troubleshooting issues for Intune and WVD and Azure AD
• Sound Knowledge on Windows Installer Technologies -MSI Packaging, Tables, Custom Actions, Merge Modules
• Experience in engineering Large Scale Deployment/Migrations of Windows 11 and Office 2019.
• Strong troubleshooting mind-set (i.e. parsing event log, Sysinternals tools, Windows Installer logs etc).
• Experience in creating silent installations for legacy installers and manage the deployment using SCCM and Intune.
• Expert in SCCM Configurations and Application packaging standards.
• Should be good in Scripting language VB Script, Batch Script, PowerShell Scripting.
• Expert in windows 10 servicing and current branch release.
• SCCM current branch deployment and infrastructure knowledge including troubleshooting experience.
• Ability to create Advertisement/Collections/Packages/Applications within an SCCM Current Branch environment.
• Full understanding of SCCM current branch Hierarchy including troubleshooting
• Understanding of Operating System Deployment (OSD) in SCCM 2012/CB
• Creating custom reports with SQL Service Reporting Services in SCCM 2012/CB
• Good to have knowledge on Citrix App DNA.
• Good to have knowledge on Microsoft Deployment Toolkit(MDT).
• Evaluates current procedures and processes for accomplishing objectives and continuously develops and implements improved practices.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Project version 2010 or higher.
• Excellent inter-personal skills including the ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute in a high-pressure environment
DELIVERABLES & DUE DATES:
1. Business Process Flows related to Applications, Windows OS’s, Workflows.
2. End-User Engineering Requirements.
3. Test Plans for Imaging, Labs, end-user experience.
4. Test Cases/Scenarios for end-user experience
5. Action Item Logs for the daily tasks and project milestones.
6. Daily, Weekly, Monthly Status Reports.
Additional Skills and Information:
Microsoft Engineering Certifications in Windows 10, SCCM/Active Directory
• Application Packaging, Patch Management, SQL Reporting, Office 365 in the Cloud
• Group Policy Management, OMS
• Scripting including PowerShell for SCCM/AD, Citrix, Azure, Exchange, Sharepoint, Project
• System Engineering Troubleshooting
• Experience leading in support of Large Enterprise Environments 10K+ Users, Desktops.