Estimated Length: Open Ended
The PeopleSoft Technical Lead’s role is to coordinate all the activities related to the NYCAPS PeopleSoft Upgrade project. The primary role of the PeopleSoft Technical Lead includes:
• Establish appropriate software development standards and controls, to embed those standards and controls in the project plan as phase entrance and exit criteria, and to conduct technical reviews of the development work products and software development processes per plan and as necessary throughout the project lifecycle.
• Establish and implement SDLC processes for all phases of the NYCAPS Upgrade project.
• Group PeopleSoft objects into work units based on the related components, identify work packages and perform the development estimates based on the work packages, and manage the developers to work on specific objects needed for the work unit.
• Create the development project plan, distribute work package to the development team members, manage and review the work products, create design documents for new customizations related to new release and coordinate with various teams throughout the project life cycle.
• Responsible for the deliverables of the development work products and new customizations based on the fit-gap analysis.
• Investigate and resolve software issues and defects reported, work with technical analysts to
research problems and find and implement solutions.
• Track overall project status for key business stakeholders by participating in weekly meetings,
identifying issues, identifying risks and tracking overall timeline for each phase of the project.
• Must have a minimum of Ten (12) years’ experience in working with multiple versions of
PeopleSoft and PeopleTools across HCM modules
• Working experience and understanding of PeopleSoft HCM applications (v 9.2 PUM 39 with fluid and Drop Zone technologies) and PeopleSoft Tools (v 8.59)
• Must have Implementation, design and customization experience for PeopleSoft HCM modules
such as Recruiting, Talent Acquisition Management, Workforce Administration, Benefits
Administration, NA Payroll, Absence Management, Performance Management, Compensation,
Position management, etc.
• Must have PeopleSoft HCM upgrade experience (At least 3 major upgrades) as a Technical Lead
• Must have experience in performing analysis of the compare reports and participate in the
Keep/Drop decisions, and construct application flows for core Business processes, and create
functional design for specific application customizations / enhancements including interfaces and
• Must have experience in building work unit rollups by grouping the PeopleSoft objects based on
the Peopleoft components and create functional work packages
• Must be proficient in creating Project Plan, distribute work packages to the team, mentor and review work products and coordinate with various teams throughout the upgrade project life cycle
• Experience on performing data/code analysis, creation and review of technical designs, and
documentation from the functional design, coding, unit testing, and debugging various PeopleSoft
• Experience in customizing COBOL stored procedures
• Programming experience using PeopleTools, PeopleCode, Application Package, and Application engine, Drop Zones, Event Mapping, Workflow, Integration Broker and SQR.
• Experience in creating/modifying data conversion scripts.
• Must be Proficient with SQL and PS/Query for reviewing data, troubleshooting and
testing/validating source system data.
• Experience developing complex interfaces into legacy and 3rd party systems
• Strong knowledge of STAT Tool, Oracle, and SQL Server
• Must be Proficient with SQL and PS/Query for reviewing, troubleshooting and testing/validating
source system data.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills (i.e. analysis, recreation and documenting the impact
on the system overall)
• Excellent Communications skills (Oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Knowledge of Report Distribution Tools, such as VISTA Plus, LRS products etc.
• Working with an enterprise wide, large scale implementations
• Experience working within a matrix environment.
• Certified in Oracle
• CA Scheduler Tool
• Experience working with New York City Automated Personnel System (NYCAPS) is preferred.
Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or in a Technical/Business Discipline is required.