Estimated Length: Open Ended
• Develop and maintain formal test cases for specific releases based on the business requirements
and technical specifications;
• Execute test scripts/cases for releases or on-going maintenance and record test results in ALM /
Quality Center (QC);
• Report defects in ALM / Quality Center (QC), provide development team with necessary defect
documentation, re-test fixes and record results;
• Perform data mining to ensure proper test population coverage for test cases;
• Assume responsibility for timely test cases completion to achieve targeted system cycles dates ;
• Timely reporting of all critical milestones and slipping deadlines to the Testing Lead;
• Work on multiple projects and ability to shift the effort based on the timelines established;
• Conducting peer reviews prior to test execution (i.e., proper test cases coverage, test cases
• Working with developers and system analysts on resolving any open questions while working on
test cases preparation;
• Working with automation team on debugging automation scripts.
• Review batch jobs runs and related outputs.
• Experience in Testing Mainframe applications/ Peoplesoft 8.x/9.x (v. 9.2 is plus)
• Experience in COBOL/IMS/DB2
• Experience in JCL/PROCS/CTLCARDS
• Experience in RMDS/XPEDITER/File-Aid for IMS/DB2
• Experience in creating test cases for HR, eHire (TAM and Candidate Gateway), Payroll, and/or
Benefits modules, should have five (5) full-lifecycle PeopleSoft HR and/or Payroll and/or Ben
Admin implementation and upgrade experience.
• Understanding of PeopleSoft HCM applications (v 9.2 PUM 33+ with fluid technology) and
PeopleSoft Tools (v 8.57).
• Extensive experience with Oracle and DB2database.
• Excellent knowledge of PeopleSoft HCM Database model.
• Strong understanding of standard STLC methodologies, ability to understand and transform
business requirements and technical designs into the test cases.
• Extensive experience in Manual Functional Testing such as creating test plan, building and
executing manual test scripts.
• Experience using ALM / Quality Center (QC) for creating, executing test cases and tracking
• Experience using IBM Rational Suite (Clear Case, Clear Quest etc.)
• QA experience using manual and automated testing tools and processes to perform functional,
regression and performance testing.
• Proficiency running back-end/database queries for data set-up and verification (DB2 and Oracle)
• Experience in developing and maintaining automated HP Quick Test Pro (QTP) scripts using
Keyword Driven Framework and Descriptive programming is a plus.
• Experience working with PeopleSoft Implementations in a government or civil service
• Experience working with an enterprise wide, large-scale implementation.
• Excellent Communications skills (Oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills are
Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or in a Technical/Business Discipline is required.