Estimated Length: 24 months Monday - Friday/9:00 am - 5:00 pm
• Quantity: 2
o Unit: Finance and Contract Management Unit
o Bureau: Administration
• Quantity: 1
o Unit: Perinatal Health Unit
o Bureau: Women, Infant, and Adolescent Health
• Conduct preliminary review of claim submissions to identify calculation errors and related data entry into unit tracking systems.
• Conduct preliminary review of program progress/data reports and related data entry into unit tracking systems.
• Data entry of claim submissions into the NYS Statewide Financial System (SFS) in an accurate and timely manner.
• Notify Contract Managers of any issues encountered while processing claims and work with them to resolve them in an accurate and timely manner.
• Notify Agency Fiscal Officer (AFO) when claims are ready for official approval. Conduct follow up when necessary to ensure that all claims advanced to AFO are being reviewed in a timely manner.
• Monitor the progress of claims in SFS, ensuring that they are approved and paid in the appropriate timeframes (i.e. claims
must be paid within in 30 days of receipt by the Department). Auditors are responsible for mitigating technical issues that may occur during the payment process.
• Record all claims in the related fiscal systems.
• Respond to inquiries to leadership in an accurate and timely manner.
• Support program and contract managers by conducting preliminary review of budgets, budget modifications, and claims as requested.
• Support program and contract managers by conducting a quality review of all draft contract packages before transmitting them to the grantees for official signature.
• Provide support to program management in the completion of annual program risk assessments.
• Provide support to contract management in the completion of annual fiscal risk assessments.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 software package with an emphasis on Excel.
• General knowledge of automated accounting systems.
• Ability to analyze data and apply basic Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) when necessary.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Additional skill preferred:
• Knowledge and experience working in the NYS Statewide Financial System and/or NYS Grants Gateway.
• Ability to organize work and document progress of projects through to completion.
• Ability to multi-task and adjust priorities as directed by management.