Estimated Length: Open Ended
Note: Under Executive Order 75, all new hires must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, as
described in the “COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement” section below.
The Client has a vacancy for a Director of Internal Audit.
The Director of Internal Audit will have substantial audit responsibilities and will be expected to play a lead role in the coordination of external audits. The candidate will report directly to the General Counsel and the Chief Risk Officer. The candidate will work with agency management to identify risks and provide expertise in information control effectiveness as it pertains to the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information systems. The candidate will work closely with the application security teams to ensure the data managed by the agency is properly controlled.
The role requires the highest level of confidentiality and independence and requires continuing education to stay current with industry best practices and the latest potential pitfalls. The Director of Internal Audit plays a major role in improving agency operations and services by providing the objective analysis and information needed to maintain accountability, help improve program performance and operations, reduce costs, facilitate decision making, and stimulate control improvements.
• Directs, plans and authors responses to audits and inquiries from oversight agencies including the City and State Offices of the Comptroller
• Directs, plans and authors Client responses to the yearly Citywide external audit
• Planning and execution of internal audits and may play a role in the definition and implementation of internal controls, processes, and procedures
• In conjunction with senior leadership, sets the internal audit program agenda
• Regularly reports audit findings, significant non-compliance trends, and audit unit performance to team lead and senior agency leadership
• Follows up on audit findings to ensure timely and proper remediation and implementation of new operational actions ill response to findings
• Communicates gaps in compliance with audit findings on an ongoing basis
• Stays abreast of agency policies and procedures and external best practices guidelines
• Conducts special reviews and projects as directed by the Chief Risk Officer or Client's Legal Department.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of satisfactory full-time experience related to projects and policies required by the particular position; or,
Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" above.
• Certified Public Account (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Information Systems
Auditor (CISA) preferred.
• Extensive Years of experience in an audit role with an information technology organization is strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated Internal Audit and Leadership experience in progressively responsible positions performing internal audits and/or related functions
• Must be a proven leader who is able to influence people and decisions across multiple functions and areas of expertise
• Excellent and effective oral and written communication skills; ability to assess situations, identify audit issues and offer relevant recommendations and practical solutions
• Possess strong organizational and time management skills that allow projects and reports to be completed in a timely, accurate and effective manner
• Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and adjust to changes quickly while meeting all deadlines
• Exercise good judgment and maintain the confidentiality and security of sensitive or confidential matters.