Estimated Length: 12 Months Work hours:37.50 Est. OT Hrs/Wk:
Delivery Team Level Accountabilities
- Track work milestones and obstacles reported by external vendors
- Produce detailed weekly status summaries for a general audience of engineering leaders and program managers
- Evaluation of program quality and performance metrics, test case coverage and execution
- Running Scrum Ceremonies including Standups and Retrospectives
- Assist in Jira Scrubbing with Dev team
- Assist in User Story Scrubbing with Dev Team
- Facilitate the removal of project roadblocks with the help of engineering leaders
- Raise alarm when Project dates are in danger
- Identify areas of improvements in the dev cycle and support process improvements
- Assist technical leads in prioritizing stories/Jira’s based on the requirements of the project delivery.
- Assist Engineering Leaders in identifying resources for projects
- Help in preliminary debugging of externally found issues wherever
Team Level Accountabilities
- Raise team concerns with management including resourcing, backlog, and area of concern.
- Running Scrum Ceremonies including Planning sessions, Standups and Retrospectives etc.
- Prioritizing Jira assignments and timelines with Dev Team.
- Assist Dev Team in finding the right assistance/resources for Customer Issues and Jira.
- Making sure Business Customer Escalations and test assignments are in order for the development team.
- Help identifying the patterns in Customer Escalations/Jira issues to prioritize the RCA and fixes.
- Help Dev Team to escalate urgent issues with other teams and fixes up in pipeline.
- Help in maintaining wikis, scheduling trainings, workshops for newcomers in team.
- Identify areas of improvement in Tests owned by team.
- Successfully execute projects to agreed schedule, budget and scope using Agile methodologies (Lean, DevOps, Scrum)
- Exhibits the behaviors of an Agile Leader with an Agile Mindset
- Participates in the development of RFP/RFI process.
- Challenge the old norms of development to improve performance in the areas of quality, predictability, flow and velocity.
- Facilitates Agile ceremonies such as the Daily Stand-up, Iteration Planning, System Demos, and Iteration Retrospective.
- Support the Product Owner and/or Product Manager to manage the backlog and guide the team while facilitating a healthy intra-team dynamic with respect to priorities and scope.
- Focus on ever-improving team dynamics and performance. Helps the team manage interpersonal conflicts, challenges, and opportunities for growth. Escalates people problems to management where necessary
- Communicates with management and outside stakeholders. Helps protect the team from uncontrolled injection of work.
- Enables close cooperation across all roles and functions, addresses resource issues and deviation from Agile practices.
- Applies Lean-Agile practices, such built-in quality, Kanban, continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Removes impediments so the team can focus on the work at hand and follow Agile practices
- Ensures appropriate involvement of external teams such as other vendor providers / partners on the project
Qualifications/ Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, IT, Science, or equivalent work experience. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) with certificate from recognized standard organization, i.e.: SAFe, Scrum.org, Scaled Agile strongly desired or must be willing to become certified within 6 months of moving into position.
- 3 or more years of experience working as an Agile Coach/Scrum Master, product owner or project manager in an application development environment, with at least 2 years’ experience using Agile Scrum.
- Demonstrates the ability to facilitate transition of an organization from waterfall methodologies to the Agile.
- Proven track record and ability to site project experience delivering end solution using agile.
- Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships with the business delivery teams, leadership, senior management and internal/external stakeholders.
- Solid understanding of the product lifecycle.
- In-depth understanding of agile methodologies, and up-to-date knowledge of industry standards and best practices.
- Good understanding of software development practices and DevSecOps,
- Ability to use agile project tracking devices such as burn down and burn up charts
- Demonstrates critical thinking and analysis capability.
- Comfortable with customer facing activity, business customer interviews, facilitating, and presenting at meetings.
- Ability to create tools/ independent spreadsheets to help analyze burn rate/ earned value/ earnings variances and cash projections
- Excellent communication, presentation creation and delivery skills (MS PowerPoint) with the ability to communicate with a broad set of constituencies, both technical and non-technical.
- Experienced working with project management tools such as Jira, Confluence, Teams, etc.
- Experience/knowledge with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Proven experience as a scrum master on several successful software development projects involving multiple developers.
- Clear understanding of agile software development methodologies and key best practices
- Strong analytical, problem solving and planning skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player who is flexible, delivery-oriented and takes responsibility for the team’s success.
- Enthusiastic, can-do attitude with the drive to continually learn and improve.
- Demonstrates understanding of scope, schedule and planning; understanding of time management, resource management cost management. Possesses good project management skills.
Additional Skills and Information:
- Understanding Agile methodology/practices
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Understanding Product Framework
Founded in 1995, IIT is a leading provider of Workforce Solutions to Government and Fortune-1000 organizations. IIT is a winner of Inc-500 award. IIT's core services include:
Consulting for projects / IT Outsourcing
IT staffing (Contract / Temporary / Contingent / Consulting)
Custom Workforce Solutions
Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO)
Headquartered in New York, IIT has over 400 consultants deployed at Client Sites. Other IIT highlights include
Winner of Inc-500 award 2 consecutive years
Winner of Ernst & Young / USPAACC Fast-50 award 2 consecutive years
Winner of USPAACC Top-10 Award in the Northeast US
IBM Business Partner
Oracle Business Partner
Adobe Business Partner
NYSA Member - New York Staffing Association - Regional Affiliate of ASA / American Staffing Association
NYS MBE certified
Our Consultants love working for IIT
W2 or C2C
Biweekly Direct Deposit for W2 Consultants
Visa and Green Card sponsorship opportunities for qualified individuals
Local contact for you to meet and talk to anytime (not someone sitting overseas in a different time zone)
Follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter or Facebook
IIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer