Estimated Length: 12 Months Work hours:37.50 Est. OT Hrs/Wk:
*PLEASE NOTE THIS POSITION WILL ALLOW CONSULTANT TO WORK REMOTELY.
(VERY HIGH EXPECTATION THAT CONSULTANT WILL BE PROFESSIONAL, RELIABLE, REACHABLE AND ABLE TO WORK PRODUCTIVELY WHILE REMOTE). WILL COME ONSITE ONLY AS NEEDED BY THEIR MANAGER/TEAM (AT THEIR OWN EXPENSE).
- Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications, guidelines, and pattern libraries
- Analyze user interface problems and lead the team in creating design solutions
- Conduct design research, create wireframes, storyboards, sitemaps, and screen flows
- Create prototypes
- Develop personas and usage scenarios
- Analyze user feedback and activity and iterate design prototypes to enhance the user experience
- Assist with content development
- Conduct competitor and customer analysis
- Guide data analytic researchers, graphic designers, and other digital transformation personnel
Strategy & Planning
- Assess and make recommendations on the improvement and re-engineering within division and work with the stakeholders at the agencies at keeping the total cost of ownership down.
- Promote the use of employee self -service and mobile connectivity within products to reduce the reliance of paper.
- Automation of business process creating in-line forms and approvals, reducing the reliance on manual approves that could be untimely.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Coordinate and facilitate consultation with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations, developing business cases and cost justifications for such initiatives.
- Provide guidance on evaluation, selection, implementation, and maintenance of information systems, ensuring appropriate investment in strategic and operational systems.
- Advises Cleint IT management in the changing trends and emerging technology and their potential use within the Cleint .
- Advises on the selection, prioritization, development, and implementation on products as they relate to the selection, acquisition, development, and installation of Cleint IT applications and infrastructure.
- Advanced knowledge of information, mobile, Voice, Cloud, and Application Development technologies and/or Infrastructure technologies
- Successful track record in design of software systems to meet the current and future needs of a complex transportation organization OR
- Successful track record in design and implementation of IT Infrastructure and related hardware and software technologies to meet the current and future needs of a complex transportation organization
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements pertaining to areas supervised a plus
- Excellent verbal/written communications skills
- Organizational skill, to manage a complex organization within a complex organization
- Ability to fit in with the constant shifting needs and demands of the business Departments
- Exceptional design skills, production value and attention to detail
- Strong understanding of user interface design principles for creating intuitive and engaging experience
- Excellent analytical and communication skills with the ability to present design concepts clearly and persuasively to varying audience levels
Education and Experience:
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering, Finance, Information Services (or the equivalent of education and progressive responsible experience). Plus, a minimum of 12 years of Information Technology experience.
Preferred Fields of Study: A Bachelor’s degree in Design, Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction
- Minimum of 3-6 years’ experience managing small to medium User Design teams
- 3-5+ years’ experience as UX designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar UX-related role for mobile and web
- Experience with design tools such as Sketch and Invision
- Experience working with user researchers and product managers
- Experience creating prototypes and highly detailed wireframes for complex user flows on web and mobile
- Experience in Information architecture, interaction design, usability testing, and user research experience
- Experience in HTML
- Experience in the areas of strategic planning, business planning, data analysis, data reporting, and statistical process control
- Financial/budgeting planning and management experience
Founded in 1995, IIT is a leading provider of Workforce Solutions to Government and Fortune-1000 organizations. IIT is a winner of Inc-500 award. IIT's core services include:
Consulting for projects / IT Outsourcing
IT staffing (Contract / Temporary / Contingent / Consulting)
Custom Workforce Solutions
Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO)
Headquartered in New York, IIT has over 400 consultants deployed at Client Sites. Other IIT highlights include
Winner of Inc-500 award 2 consecutive years
Winner of Ernst & Young / USPAACC Fast-50 award 2 consecutive years
Winner of USPAACC Top-10 Award in the Northeast US
IBM Business Partner
Oracle Business Partner
Adobe Business Partner
NYSA Member - New York Staffing Association - Regional Affiliate of ASA / American Staffing Association
NYS MBE certified
Our Consultants love working for IIT
W2 or C2C
Biweekly Direct Deposit for W2 Consultants
Visa and Green Card sponsorship opportunities for qualified individuals
Local contact for you to meet and talk to anytime (not someone sitting overseas in a different time zone)
Follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter or Facebook
IIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer