Estimated Length: 24 months M-F 9:00am-5:30pm including 1-hour unpaid lunch break
Paid weekly hours per week 37.50
? Onsite: Full address: 2 Broadway, NYC
This will change week to week based on work streams. Average on this would be two days a week on site.
SUMMARY OF THE FUNCTION/ROLE
The EAM (Enterprise Asset Management) Category Manager is responsible for developing, executing against and sustaining IT Categories with a focus on Asset Management. This role is responsible for independently managing multiple related IT category areas and for the execution of supplier performance management, cost savings and efficiencies, customer relationship development, determination of customer needs, contract creation, contract execution and contract renewals. The procurement resource will act as the Liaison between Procurement and Client stakeholders, Project Managers, the Client Board, and Client Legal team. This person will partner with Category Managers,Sourcing Specialists and Buyers to produce all program related RFPs and bids and is ultimately responsible for the successful execution of programs through to implementation.
DELIVERABLES & DUE DATES
• Responsible for overall strategic EAM category management including supplier relationship
management, sourcing support, contract renewals, contract compliance, and agency
• Performs data analytics and spend analysis to determine savings opportunities, contract
compliance, and consolidation and demand management opportunities.
• Focus negotiations on the complete fulfillment of internal Stakeholder requirements
through cost reductions, cost avoidance, and process improvements.
• Create and review supplier contracts to ensure appropriate business terms are addressed.
Create detailed statements of work where needed. Facilitate legal and risk management
review to ensure standard terms and conditions are inserted where appropriate.
• Work closely with the Strategic Sourcing team or as needed lead sourcing events involving
category areas of responsibilities, providing category-area expertise, supplier knowledge
and history, and input on customer needs.
• Lead enterprise, all agency projects via the RFx process including gathering business
requirements, drafting RFx documents, identifying and qualifying potential suppliers, and
RFx project management
• Measure and manage supplier performance relative to contracted service levels. Identify
and resolve supplier performance issues.
• Track trends in the marketplace and actively monitor price indices applicable to category
areas, identify new sources of supply and engage with new suppliers, work collaboratively
with suppliers and customer stakeholders to identify and execute continuous cost and
• Negotiate Software License Agreements, Master Services Agreements, Statements of Work,
• Summarize, report and present deal, savings and category information to senior
• Build strong relationships with suppliers, internal clients (e.g. IT, LOB Project Managers,
Senior Management) and business partners (e.g. IT, Legal, Finance/Planning)
• General understanding of infrastructure management practices and processes.
• Subject matter expert in IBM Maximo, Infor EAM, Oracle EAM, or other similar package
• Experience as Functional / Technical Support / Technical project lead.
• Ensure that procurement activities involving solicitation, award, and contract management
are carried out in accordance with Federal and State laws, regulations and Executive Orders
and Client Board guidelines.
• Coordinate and collaborate extensively with the Office of Civil Rights on goal-based
PROGRAM ASSIGNMENTS AND SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE
This role oversees the successful execution of defined programs as delegated by their
immediate supervisor. Specialized skills and experience requirements include:
• Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) experience with subject matter expertise in IBM
Maximo, Infor EAM, Oracle EAM, Trapeze, or similar commercial solutions
• General understanding of infrastructure management practices and processes
• Experience negotiating software license agreements, master services agreements,
statements of work, etc.
• Experience negotiating IT consulting agreements, master services agreements, statements
of work, etc.
RISKS (required by Client Risk Management)
• Consultant work provided onsite at 2 Broadway and via Telework from consultant
QUALIFICATIONS EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
• Procurement Experience and program management experience (8+ years)
• BA/BS in Business Admin or like major; MBA or advanced degree preferred
• APICS, CSCMP or equivalent preferred
• Full-time experience in Procurement or a similar role utilizing both RFP, RFQ and non-RFP go
to market strategies preferred (8+ years)
• Strong program management experience, overseeing multiple related projects (5+ years)
• Strong project management skills, ability to plan and track, remove barriers, manage
change, resolve conflict, build consensus, and motivate team members across multiple
• Strong collaboration skills with ability to build effective relationships, work crossfunctionally,
and influence peers and key stakeholders
• Excellent interpersonal, motivational, and leadership skills
• Ability to deal with change and ambiguity effectively
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills with the ability to tailor messages to the
given audience, present information in a clear and concise manner
• Ability to prioritize, organize, and multitask in a fast-paced and challenging environment