Estimated Length: Open Ended
Client is seeking an Application Security Administrator for Advantage 3.x – a governmental ERP package (similar to PeopleSoft or SAP). The Security Administrator will work with the Business and Technology Teams to setup and configure user profiles, application security roles, groups, and resources to support the suite of Financial management systems. This role will support all functional areas of the business (Financials, Budgeting, Reporting, etc). As necessary, the Security Administrator will work with project team members to design and define the security requirements and specifications, develop test solutions, and implement the resulting solutions. The Security Administrator will participate in application, database, operating system and network security activities. Major components of platform are AIX, DB2, Oracle, ACF2/Etrust and Business Objects.
The Security/Application Administration Lead for the FMS/3 Project will report directly to the Client Production Operations Manager, whose area includes application configuration management, application administration, user / profile administration and batch job operations / support. The Security / Application Administration Lead will be a direct report. The candidate will work closely with the Client vendor staff to acquire knowledge and experience with the Advantage application.
Job will include the following activities:
• Periodic review all identifiable areas of security of the Advantage 3.x system and the operations of the system.
• Coordinate with Financial systems management, team leads, and IT to deliver Advantage 3.x solutions that support the ongoing maintenance and new project needs.
• Install, configure, and maintain application security within the multiple Advantage mainframe (2.x) and web-based (3.x) systems and environments in line with the system architecture as deployed across development, test, training, quality assurance, and production regions.
• Participate in application, database, operating system and network security activities. Candidate is expected to be personally involved and responsible for maintenance of table and profile settings – across several products.
• Participate in application technical and functional testing to ensure adherence to business requirements.
• Support the business by establishing procedures for user maintenance, and executing those procedures in a timely manner.
• Ensure that security related project deliverables adhere to established standards, and that these deliverables meet internal and external audit requirements and are in line with project timelines and requirements.
• Document and report accomplishments, issues, and status to management.
• Provide user support and participate actively in issues resolution in test and production systems.
• Participate in scheduled functional and application training and then apply knowledge to develop new security configurations as requested by the Business line or Risk team.
• Manage security in the Client “golden environment” and be responsible for documenting change control procedures for application of changes to this environment.
• Respond to audit and investigatory requests in a secure, timely and accurate manner.
Client is willing to train the individual in Advantage 3.x application administration if said person has a background in application security.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities include:
• Candidate must have 3+ years of experience designing, configuring and implementing security solutions in a standard COTS package (e.g., Advantage 3x, Peoplesoft, SAP, or a comparable product).
• While Client is looking for application security experience, we will also consider candidates who have worked as a business analyst or as an auditor as relevant alternative experience.
• Good team and interpersonal skills and ability to efficiently communicate with internal (Client) and external stakeholders.
• The candidate must have beginner to intermediate level SQL skills in order to help pull together ad-hoc security reports
• Candidate must be proficient with MS Excel (e.g., must be able to parse XML in a spreadsheet, and produce delimited files for data processing).
• The candidate must understand and be able to articulate basic separation of duties requirements and controls of a production financial system.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in computer science, engineering or a related field and four years of satisfactory full-time experience related to information technology service management, process management, operations;
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and eight years of satisfactory full-time experience related to information technology service management, process management, operations;
3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" or "2" above.