Estimated Length: 6 months M-F 9am-5pm
1. Demonstrates awareness of and sensitivity to human rights principles and goals in interactions with the public and other staff members. Oral and written communications with staff and the public are positive, productive and consistently represent human rights goals.
2. Provide administrative assistance for a variety of assigned tasks. This may include the organization and maintenance of records; screening inquiries from the public, either in person or by telephone; scheduling intake appointments and maintaining the intake log; inputting non-investigatory event codes into CMS; inputting complaints taken off-site or deferred to the Division
into CMS; assisting in scheduling conferences; file preparation for opening and closing complaints. Records should be complete and accurate. The public should always be treated, courteously. Appointments should be scheduled in a timely manner. Entering non-investigatory event codes must be performed promptly and accurately
3. Initial screening of calls and visitors, providing routine information, routing visitors or making referrals as appropriate, and taking messages. May include screening potential complainants, interested parties, or other callers to obtain information; providing routine information on the filing of complaints, the status of investigations, and the assignment of cases; and making referrals to other staff or agencies for further assistance. Obtain information required to route caller or visitor to other staff for further assistance. Case status information should be obtained in a timely manner using CMS. Messages are to be accurate and legible. accurate and legible.
4. Sorting and distributing mail; amending respondents and complainants’ names; inputting and maintaining form letters in Microsoft Word; drafting correspondence or preparing form letters in response to inquiries; composing and mailing reminder letters to parties. Completes all mailings relative to case processing; routes necessary information and correspondence to appropriate parties. Incoming mail should be opened and date stamped daily. All out-going correspondence should be checked for content and accuracy prior to mailing. Performing whatever actions are necessary to assure tasks are performed timely and accurately.
5. Responsible for general clerical duties which include general typing or data entry tasks; generating routine or special reports; establishing and maintaining office files,preparing and assembling case files; photocopying and distributing documents; scheduling meetings and handling arrangements; ordering supplies and arranging for office equipment repairs; making travel arrangements and preparing related vouchers, and other clerical tasks or special projects as required. Assignments are to be completed efficiently and accurately with a minimum of direction or assistance.