Estimated Length: 12 months Monday-Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm
• Maintain log to show receipt of court orders and expense vouchers from the NY Liquidation Bureau.
• Processes abstract cover sheets and maintain records in Client tracking system.
• Prepare documents and emails to forward to Office of the State Comptroller (OSC) and State Treasury for payment.
• Utilizes the Statewide Financial System (SFS) to process vouchers for Client.
• Performs reconciliation of procurement cards in the SFS.
• Receive and sort vendor invoices and match invoices with purchase orders, if applicable.
• Utilizes the Purchase Tracking System (PTS) to submit invoices to Client personnel for payment approval.
• Utilize SFS to review and verify receipt of goods, and process accounts payable vouchers.
• Communicate with vendors via telephone and/or email to resolve discrepancies with invoices.
• Submit forms/emails to OSC or the State Treasury to request copies of canceled checks or to place stop payment orders.
• Prepares and makes bank deposits electronically.
• Perform general clerical duties including opening mail and filing.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Highly organized and careful worker, highly self-motivated and capable of prioritizing and managing multiple tasks.
2. Knowledge of Office of the State Comptroller policies and procedures.
3. High level of discretion handling confidential matters.
4. Ability to manage competing priorities while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
5. Word processing skills/abilities are a mandatory component of the assignment. Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, etc. is required.
6. Must have knowledge of basic accounting and financial record keeping procedures. Some knowledge of financial terminology is also required; ability to compute, classify, and record numerical data to keep financial records complete. Perform any combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining accounting records. May also check the accuracy of figures, calculations, and postings pertaining to business transactions recorded by other workers. May also perform a variety of analysis.
1. This position may include both in-office and remote work. Details to be discussed during interviews.
2. Hours are 8:30am - 4:30pm with a ½ hour unpaid lunch break, for a total of 37.5 hours/week.
3. Overtime is not likely but possible. There is no flex time permitted.
4. We are looking to hire as soon as possible.
5. The duration of the assignment is one year with the possibility of an extension.
6. Interviews will be held via Microsoft Teams.
7. Background check and fingerprinting will be required.
8. Client does not provide parking but metered parking is available around the building.
9. The building is on a bus line.