Estimated Length: 12 months 9AM to 5:30PM, ½ hour unpaid lunch, 40 billable hours per week.
Summary of Position
Executes sourcing strategies in line with overall business objectives and supports category management methodologies. Utilizes demand management to assess and prioritize internal customer requisitions, typically of a mid to high-level complexity, primarily leveraging RFP go-to-market strategies for an assigned portfolio of categories. Responsible for contract creation, administration, and supplier management through contract lifecycle. Works collaboratively with Project Managers, Legal, and other functions as necessary to drive business value, cost savings, and efficiencies.
Dimensions of Position
This position is responsible for the execution of sourcing requisitions as assigned by the Procurement Director and is expected to process multiple active requisitions simultaneously, anticipating varying degrees of complexity and value. In addition, the role continues to own related executed contracts through to closeout and/or renewal.
- Reviews and processes requisitions of mid to high-level complexity, dollar amount, criticality and priority independently, using RFP go-to-market strategies.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to consolidate business requirements to leverage spend and create opportunities to create value and cost savings.
- Utilizes demand management to control and track business unit requirements and internal purchasing operations and eliminate waste.
- Collaborates with Project Managers and internal stakeholders to validate SOW content is appropriate and complete.
- Leads cross-functional meetings and collaboration activities across multiple stakeholders.
- Produces high quality award recommendations, summary documentation, or system reference information for each requisition, ensuring detailed spend information is available for future reference.
- Determines how each procurement can contribute to diversity goals.
- Drafts and distributes RFP documentation in accordance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Prepares Board approval paperwork for requisitions that exceed defined $thresholds.
- Drives the RFP process through to completion in a timely manner.
- Initiates advertising for requisitions that exceed defined $thresholds as required and identifies potential suppliers.
- Evaluates RFP responses, ensuring they are compliant with Client policies, including pricing analysis.
- Manages award process, collaborating with Legal on contract execution.
- Coordinates distribution and collection of required government forms to awarded supplier.
- Secures relevant market intelligence leveraging program analysts as required to gain further insight on market trends.
Contract Management and Administration:
- Partners with stakeholders and legal teams to negotiate contracts in a timely manner, ensuring inclusion of appropriate commercial and operational terms.
- Develops recommendations for award based upon agreed upon criteria.
- Manages the full contract life cycle, including execution, change management, issue resolution, renewal, and close out.
- Monitors contracts on a routine and as-needed basis to confirm goods and services were delivered and priced as planned, ensures continued compliance to Client standards, policies, and procedures.
- Identifies and resolves past-due POs, match exceptions, pricing and freight charge discrepancies.
- Meets savings and value creation targets.
- Meets diversity spend targets for assigned scope.
- Meets agreed stakeholder requirements.
- Achieves high percentage of events planned versus executed.
- Executes assigned requisitions in a timely fashion.
Nature and Scope:
- Government regulations that impact timelines and extend delivery dates.
- Gaining consensus across multiple agencies and key stakeholders.
- Unforeseen urgent requisitions that trigger re-prioritization of work plans.
- Incomplete visibility to historical spend and future demand.
B. DECISION-MAKING AUTHORITY:
- Decide buying channel for all procurement activities.
- Must interpret legal statutes and apply that judgment to all procurements
- Interpret all agency procurement guidelines to determine what procurement requires board approval.
- Determines how guidelines and rules apply to different procurement activities.
C. BUSINESS RELATIONSHIPS THAT FACILITATE PROBLEM RESOLUTION:
- Develops and manages key internal business relationships with key stakeholders and project managers.
- Collaborates with internal business partners in the Legal, DDCR, Inventory Management, Finance, and Accounts Payable departments to ensure Client’s procure to pay lifecycle is working efficiently.
- Manages supplier relationships, ensuring the Client continues to be in a position to obtain optimum goods and services through the life of the contract or subsequent renewals.
- Leverages the Client BSC Procurement Department’s Operations and Support Team for category analysis research, report creation, and IT systems support.
- Keeps immediate supervisor informed and seeks advice and support as needed.
D. TYPE AND LENGTH OF EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS in Supply Chain Management, Procurement and Contract Management, or related field or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- 6 years satisfactory full-time sourcing and contract management experience; Supply chain management, RFP market strategies, contract writing, negotiations, and contract administration.
- Knowledge of procure-to-pay process and procurement-related policies, procedures, processes and risks, and ability to apply that understanding to daily work.
- Knowledge of ERP Purchasing applications and other procurement-related software.
- Good interpersonal and organization skills, strong attention to detail.
- Works in diverse, cross-functional teams with limited guidance.
- Solicits differing opinions to ensure understanding of complex issues and acts in a manner that builds and maintains trust.
- Solid judgment with ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing circumstances
- Works independently to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software applications.