Estimated Length: Open Ended
Note: Under Executive Order 75, all new hires must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, as described in the “COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement” section below.
The Client has a vacancy for a WebSphere Administrator to support ongoing production maintenance and phased rollout implementation of the HR, Benefits, and Timekeeping functions of HR/Payroll systems.
Primary Responsibilities include:
This role will be a technical position responsible for the installation, maintenance, and configuration of our Middleware infrastructure (IBM WebSphere, MQ, and Cognos). Additional responsibilities include supporting the agency's java based web interface tool that allows for on-demand and scheduled builds and deployments of Java application code base. Tasks will include the set-up, maintenance, and ongoing development of the continuous integration and continuous development (CI/CD) infrastructure. This person will also support the infrastructure of critical citywide applications, as well as function as one of the technical administrators for the group.
• 5+ years' experience of Middleware Administration, specifically in Websphere Application Server on Linux or UNIX based platforms
• Experience in administration of other associated middleware products like IBM MQ, IBM HTTPServer, IBM WebSphere Message Broker, Oracle WebLogic, Cognos
• 3+ years' Experience in analysis, design and development of Enterprise Java applications preferred, including experience in Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Java, J2EE, XML, and related technologies
• Experience in performing all functions of computer programming, using standard design and programming techniques; developing Enterprise Java based solutions
• Experience in understanding and debugging Java errors
• Good understanding of relational database concepts and experience in SQL
• Proven track record with Cl/CD tools
• Demonstrating experience with DevOps and related tools (Ansible, Jenkins)
• Configuring, deploying, and testing of enterprise software applications
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Perform Middleware Application upgrades and patch installations
• Ability to perform detailed Root Cause Analysis of problems
• Ability to work well with your manager and staff from other departments, agencies, and technical support teams
• Ability to clearly document and explain symptoms and solutions to complex problems
• Ability to plan, manage time according to schedules, and provide status updates required
• Ability to work to quickly learn new applications and resolve issues
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment
• Has the ability to be self-motivated and find answers on his/her own
• Ability to support 24x7 and be able to work nights/weekends as required
• Previous experience working with an enterprise wide, large scale environment
• Excellent Communications skills (Oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills are required.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in computer science, engineering or a related field and four years of satisfactory full-time experience related to datacenter engineering and operations, cloud engineering and operations, complex IT infrastructure engineering; or,
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and eight years of satisfactory full-time experience related to datacenter engineering and operations, cloud engineering and operations, complex IT infrastructure engineering; or,
3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" or "2" above.