Estimated Length: Open Ended
The Client has a vacancy for an Assistant Executive Director of Technical Services in the HR, Payroll, and Timekeeping Division. The role is responsible for the ongoing production maintenance and development of new functionality for the New York City Automated Personnel System (NYCAPS), Payroll Management System (PMS), Retirees Payment Management System (PPMS), Timekeeping System (CityTime), and City Human Resource Management System (CHRMS). Primary responsibility Includes, managing multiple development teams ensuring the quality of the software architecture, as well as any associated custom development to meet the City's functional and technical requirements. Candidate will develop detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports; establish appropriate project standards and quality assurance processes so that deliverables and work products meet the City's needs. In addition, candidate will ensure the appropriate flow of information between entities, identify and resolve critical concerns and ensure that the development and deployment schedules are met. The functional responsibilities of the position shall also include but not be limited to the following:
• Meeting project deadlines by mitigating risks, managing multiple projects simultaneously, and recommending process improvements. • Working with enterprise wide, large-scale implementations. • The establishment of effective controls to monitor the management of subordinate human resources assigned to the different development teams. • The effective use of project planning and scheduling software tools to ensure timely technical assistance and support is provided in compliance with overall project time lines. • The efficient and effective response to project scope changes as determined by the systems' project manager based on user expectations and feedback. • The efficient and timely analysis, reporting, and resolution of potential technical risks that would impact the progress or timely completion of any of the projects or their respective phases. • Ensuring strict adherence to Client change management procedures stable processes to ensure the highest levels of quality in production of development artifacts and delivery of supporting services.
•Required experience with legacy modernization effort(s) of industrial sized business applications. • Multiple full-lifecycle(s) with ERP or custom application implementations. • Minimum 20 years of experience supervising and mentoring staff. • Minimum 20 years of experience in a project manager or development lead position with responsibilities for planning. • As an alternative to the development manager skills skills/ experience list above, Client will consider a candidate who has deep experience as a product manager or has served In a senior program/ portfolio management capacity for a similar period of time-with delivery experience. • Excellent proficiency using standard project planning tools and ability to construct executive level
presentations that clearly articulate project strategies/status/challenges. • Excellent communication (oral and written), Interpersonal, and organizational skills.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in computer science, information systems, engineering, mathematics or related field and six years of satisfactory full-time experience related to enterprise architecture, solutions architecture, network architecture and/or IT infrastructure systems; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and ten years of satisfactory full-time experience related to enterprise architecture, solutions architecture, network architecture and/or IT infrastructure systems; or
3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" or "2" above.
• Ability to organize work, develop short - and long-range plans to meet business objectives, and bring subject matter expertise to interactions and provide improvement recommendations.
• Demonstrated facilitation, organizational and leadership skills.
• Ability to plan, manage time according to schedules, and provide management status updates.
• Ability to choose new products, make development framework decisions, or determine upgrade strategies - by applying clear selection criteria in structured review process.
• Ability to provide guidance to the development team on secure coding techniques and embed appropriate security reviews into the development lifecycle for all development platforms. (i.e., Peoplesoft, custom apps, legacy apps, business intelligence, etc).
• Ability to manage ERP application development (e.g., PeopleSoft, SAP, etc.) - including all aspects of planning, merge analysis, retrofit of customizations, and implementation support. The candidate will have the ability to establish an environment usage plan to provide a roadmap for all phases of the ERP project.
• Ability to manage all aspects of development for large scale/enterprise wide, on premise, 3 tier web -based applications - built using products including, but not limited to: Oracle, DB2, IBM Websphere Application Server, MO, IBM Security and Identity management products (ISAM,TDI, ISIM), rules engines, pdf rendering tools, m tools, etc.,
• Working knowledge (or greater) of mainframe based application environments built using tools/languages that include: Cobol, JCL, IMS, DB2, SAS, etc.
• Ability to manage a large scale data warehouse solution(s) built on standard tool(s) such as Business Objects, COGNOS, etc.