Estimated Length: 12 Months Work hours:37.50 Est. OT Hrs/Wk:
*PLEASE NOTE THIS POSITION WILL REQUIRE CONSULTANT TO WORK 100% ONSITE.
The ideal System Engineer would be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This position will support critical operations and candidates will be required to work on-site. Additionally, the candidate must be available for emergencies if needed. The bulk of the work will be associated with Client’s cybersecurity initiatives and will require some cybersecurity experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
• Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures
• Perform daily system monitoring, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
• Risk asses, administer and manage Active Directory systems, users and policies
• Utilize LAPS and other privileged access management tools to administer policies and controls
• Build, harden and deploy VMWare ESX Hosts and virtual machines and templates
• Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted groups and individuals
• Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure/add new services as necessary
• Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures
• Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
• Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required
• Participate in rotating on-call 24/7 schedule to support critical systems
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent job-related experience
• PowerCLI/PowerShell script or equivalent demonstrated experience.
• 2 or more years hardening Windows OS and/or VMware Infrastructure
• 5 or more years of experience in the following areas:
• Implementing and administering Virtualization Server, Storage, Desktop, Network; Advanced hands-on experience with VMware and NSX.
• Active Directory administration including GPO design and implementation & MS Windows-based servers
• Windows OS Patching through SCCM, WSUS
• CISSP or other cybersecurity certification preferred
• MCSA/MCSE certification preferred
• Operational Technology experience preferred